[GSoC 2020] Localization of Compiler Diagnostic Messages

Hi, I hope you are having a great day!

My name is Hassan ElDesouky, I'm a computer science student at a university in Egypt. I have very good problem-solving skills, I also have experience with C++ doing competitive programming and joining programming competitions, I also have experience with Swift as I've created a lot of iOS apps, and a lot of times I also write articles about them in my blog on Medium. Feel free to check my blog out at medium.com/hassaneldesouky!

As a non-English native speaker, I'm really interested in the Localization of Compiler Diagnostic Messages project as it will really affect me personally as I also believe in enabling accessibility for everyone and the language takes a huge part of it.

I have a few ideas that I want to share with @xedin and I'd love it if we can talk privately, through emails or messages.

Thank you all for everything!

Hi, Hassan! Thank you for the interest in the project! You can reach me privately through messages on forums or via email and I'll be happy to help you with any questions you might have.

Hai , my name is Archin Deepak and I'm studying in Bangalore. I am currently in second year and am new to GSoc environment , i know C and C++ programming. I am keenly interested in working on swift programming but I don't know how to start.Please help me know about the same as this is my first time on GSoc

I'd recommend that you start with Swift.org - Project Ideas for GSoC 2020 and see which project you are interested in. Then you can post here on the forums if you have any questions.

I'm interested in Localisation of compiler diagnostic messages

Okay, you will need to reach out to @xedin if you have any questions related to the project. Good luck!

Thanks for the help

1 Like

Hi @AD-35! You can take a look at GSoC: Localization of Compiler Diagnostic Messages - #4 by xedin where I mentioned some of the essential details about the project. Please let me know if you have any other specific questions, I'd be happy to help!