Nominations for the Packages Community Showcase on Swift.org

It's nomination time again! What packages caught your eye this month? Please also share this thread so more people from different parts of the community all get a chance to nominate packages.

Here's a handy piece of Markdown you can customise for each of your nominations!

> - **Package:** [Awesome Package](https://swiftpackageindex.com/owner/repo)
> - **Reason for nomination:** This package is amazing and I use it all the time.

Thanks!

I'd like to submit:

I'd like to submit

1 Like

I’d like to submit:

• Package: Citadel
  • Reason for nomination: I came across this package when I was looking for how to implement ssh and scp connections in the iOS app I was creating. Not only does the readme make it easy to plug and play but he’s responsive to newbie questions in the discord channel (linked in the readme) and accepts pull requests.
1 Like

The new packages page for April just went live: Swift.org - Community Showcase

Please check out this month's packages, and keep the nominations coming!

4 Likes

Me again! :grimacing: It's time for another set of package nominations. Have you seen anything interesting this month that the rest of the Swift community might like to check out?

If so, here's the format for a nomination! Please post all nominations below. Just one rule, as always, please only nominate packages you did/do not create/maintain.

Please also share this post so we get a wider selection of nominations from the community. Thanks!

> - **Reason for nomination:** This package is amazing and I use it all the time.

This month, I'd like to nominate:

and

1 Like

I'd like to nominate:

• Package: rabbitmq-nio
  • Reason for nomination: The ability to talk to rabbitmq through a native swift package was what kick-started me into the world of server-side swift. I am able to seamlessly integrate swift services into an existing message-driven software product and I have been running it in several production deployments without issues for many months now.
4 Likes

Thanks Oliver, this was featured last December so won't be voted on again. Any others we might not have had? It doesn't have to be something you use every day, just something interesting.

Thanks!

1 Like

Ah, sorry, first time I voted so didn't know that :smile:

Will nominate again.

I'd like to nominate

1 Like

I'd like to nominate WasmKit, currently maintained by @kateinoigakukun.

It's a WebAssembly runtime written in Swift that's easy to embed as a library.

This package allows running plugins written in any language compiled to WebAssembly, also featured in the ongoing community work on distributing Swift macro plugins as Wasm binaries.

5 Likes

@Max_Desiatov somehow after making it into the voting spreadsheet, WasmKit got deleted and was not included in this month's vote. It will be included in next months. Apologies for this!

1 Like

This month's packages are now up on the Community Showcase page!

3 Likes

What time is it? It's community package showcase time again! The SWWG would love to hear about any packages you came across in the last month that other people might be interested to learn about.

Nominate a new or interesting package, or a package that you rely on every day and make the package author's day when they find out they have been featured on Swift.org. As always, the only restriction is that you should not nominate your own packages or packages you maintain.

Here's a template for a nomination:

Thanks!

1 Like

This month I'd like to nominate:

2 Likes

I'd like to nominate

2 Likes

I'd like to nominate WhatsNewKit.
Reason for nomination: Simple, beautiful What's new screens, with app version parsing.

3 Likes

I'd like to nominate Node-Swift because it bridges the Swift- and NodeJS ecosystems with a really well designed API leveraging modern Swift features such as Sendable, Macros and Parameter Packs to make a normally difficult and even tedious process very accessible and easy to adopt.

2 Likes

It’s time for nominations again, but this month we’re trying something a little different.

We are now allowing promotion of non-commercial open-source packages where you are the author or a maintainer. Please also continue to nominate other people’s packages as well, but we want to try something different, too.

Here’s a template for nomination, if you want to nominate anything!

Thanks again for all of your nominations!
Dave

4 Likes