App Store Connect does not accept back-deploy concurrency macOS App that build by Xcode 13.2 RC

I have a macOS app that has a minimal deployment target of macOS 10.15, recently I adapted some features with Swift Concurrency. I saw Xcode 13.2 RC has been released, so I tried to upload the app to App Store Connect but failed.

App Store Connect reported "This bundle is invalid.", which "libswift_Concurrency.dylib" is unsupported content. Does this mean that back-deploy concurrency is not ready for macOS App?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

You have to wait until it is officially released, not allowed to use beta releases on the store.

We're getting an error even with Xcode 13.0 and without any new concurrency in the app:

Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

**ITMS-90863: Apple silicon Macs support issue** - The app links with libraries that are not present on Mac:

* @rpath/libswift_Concurrency.dylib

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can upload a new binary to App Store Connect.

Best regards,

The App Store Team

And app installed from TestFlight crashes on start.
Yesterday with same environment it was completely fine.

This isn't true. In recent years Apple has started allowing TestFlight access earlier and earlier, and regularly allows RC Xcodes to ship App Store builds ahead of release. They even announced it for the 13.2RC yesterday: App Store Connect Update - Releases - Apple Developer However, it seems like their latest App Store Connect update to enable shipping builds with the 13.2RC may have broken other parts.

2 Likes

I agree. It was allowed by apple to upload Xcode RC. It treats as release versions. So clearly this is a bug.

I am here because I am facing the same situation.

This bundle is invalid. The executable code in [....app/Contents/Frameworks/libswift_Concurrency.dylib] contain unsupported content.

:cold_face:

Just re-downloaded Xcode 13.1. Rebuilt with Xcode 13.1 could be uploaded to App Store successfully.

This issue still remains after the official release of macOS 12.1 + Xcode 13.2. I don't know what to say.

3 Likes

Xcode 13.2.1 and still can't upload to the AppStore.

Can you post the error you see?

Version 13.2.1 (13C100) when submitting to the Mac AppStore:

This bundle is invalid. The executable code in 
[MyApp.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswift_Concurrency.dylib] contain
unsupported content. With error code STATE_ERROR.VALIDATION_ERROR.90000
for id f01fbff1-7dfb-4074-acb2-ee2cd6097ade

What's your deployment target?

I have the exact same error. I am using Xcode 13.2.1 (13C100).
My app uses a framework (my own) that has some async/await code. My macOS App targets 11.5.

Ah, didn’t notice before. This seems like a Mac-specific error. Add it to the pile I guess.

I have also exact the same problem. In the latest version of my application, I use the new concurrency features Async/Await for some functions. I use macOS 10.15 as my minimal deployment target. To avoid problems with the concurrency features, all relevant functions are limited to macOS 12 using @available(OSX 12.0, *).
The programme compiles without any problems and runs fine, but cannot be uploaded to the Appstore. The following error message appears:

This bundle is invalid. The executable code in [AppName.app/Contents/Frameworks/libswift_Concurrency.dylib] contain unsupported content. With error code STATE_ERROR.VALIDATION_ERROR.90000 for id d41cf378-13c3-4c78-b59d-d9c32fb68e0c

1 Like

With reference to my last entry: I have also reported the whole thing as an error to Apple using Feedback Assistant. I hope this will get things moving a bit. If anyone has an idea how to fix the problem, that would be great - currently I can't provide any updates to our app in the Appstore.

If you want to ship an update you need to remove any use of the Swift Concurrency APIs, whether in your code or your dependencies.

I also reported this issue long time ago, Apple told me to update to Xcode 13.2.1. I replied with "I'm already on the latest version of Xcode". Nothing follows up later :(

Gerald wrote:

I have also reported the whole thing as an error to Apple using
Feedback Assistant.

Thanks. Can you post the bug number?

Tualatrix Chou wrote:

I also reported this issue long time ago

Likewise.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ DTS @ Apple

1 Like

Hi Quinn,

the FB number is FB9834679.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Quinn, here's the bug number: FB9800966. Thanks!

1 Like
Terms of Service

Privacy Policy

Cookie Policy