XGBoost for Swift

Hi all,

I was working on the implementation of Swift wrapper for XGBoost for some time. The goal of the wrapper was to provide convenient usage for those who are familiar with Python, but also take advantage of great compatibility of Swift with C to provide even more powerful features in the near future.

Currently, all core stuff required to train, test, and use your model should be available. In addition, support for Python Numpy and Tensorflow Tensor allows the use of well-known libraries along with it.

If you would like to try this out, code with documentation is hosted at GitHub - kongzii/SwiftXGBoost: Swift wrapper for XGBoost gradient boosting machine learning framework with Numpy and TensorFlow support..

If you find anything is missing or not working properly, please fill an issue. Functionality is currently tested against expected behaviour or directly against Python implementation.

Thanks for reading this and have a nice day!

3 Likes

Hey all,

I just wanted to post a small update. I have added several new features, and they are showcased with new usage examples in repository SwiftXGBoost/Examples at master · kongzii/SwiftXGBoost · GitHub. For example, you can now use python numpy to initialize DMatrix or use it for prediction in Booster.

Currently, I want to focus on better test-coverage, to be sure that everything works as expected. It would be super helpful if anyone would try it out, for things that I perhaps missed. I am currently using this library in one ML project, but it is always possible to miss something :(

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like