What's the best way to temporarily disable `Sendable` checks?

Apologies if this has already been asked; I wasn't able to find anything.

Suppose I have a function which has to be synchronous—perhaps it's being called as a callback from a C API or something—but all of its actual logic is asynchronous, so it gets wrapped in a Task:

func syncFunction(foo: SomeNonSendableType) {
    Task {
        await asyncFunction(foo)
    }
}

With -warn-concurrency on, this will raise a warning about the non-Sendable foo getting captured by a closure, as one would expect. However, in the case that due to the way the program logic is structured, it is impossible for foo ever to be used anywhere other than being passed to this function, one time, is there an escape hatch to promise this to the compiler, à la withoutActuallyEscaping for nonescaping closures? So far, all I've been able to figure is to wrap it in a local @unchecked type:

func syncFunction(foo: SomeNonSendableType) {
    struct FooWrapper: @unchecked Sendable {
        let foo: SomeNonSendableType
    }

let wrapper = FooWrapper(foo: foo)

Task {
        await asyncFunction(wrapper.foo)
    }
}

This seems rather cumbersome, however. Is there a cleaner way to do this?

There's no real alternative way to do this; The unchecked wrapper is the way nowadays.

Though you might want to give Sendable-related warnings (SE-0302) backed out of Swift 5.6 a read, since we're "softening" the move towards a fully checked model.

-warn-concurrency will be replaced by something with a little bit more fine grained control as we do so, and continue to work on improving the checking model.