Use SwiftSyntax itself to generate SwiftSyntax’s source code

Hello @ahoppen,

my name is Philipp Sudek and I am a PhD student in Cosmology at the University of Portsmouth, UK. I am very interested to participate in the GSOC this year and found this project working on SwiftSyntax.

Last year, I taught myself the Swift programming language which resulted in a small self-initiated project and a published app called MANIMEE (https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/manimee/id1569217013).

Furthermore, I already have experience in open-source development. I am one of the main contributors of the open-source Python package SkyPy (GitHub - skypyproject/skypy: SkyPy: A package for modelling the Universe.). SkyPy is a tool to simulate the astrophysical sky and focuses on software sustainability and interoperability.

With the GSOC and especially this project I want to increase my skills in Swift and get insights into new fields to leverage my abilities even further.

Thanks and kind regards,
Philipp Sudek

2 Likes

Hello Philipp,

Thanks for your interested in the GSoC project to generate SwiftSyntaxBuilder using SwiftSyntaxBuilder itself. We are looking forward to your application. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

– Alex