Type Inference Regression

Hello, code similar to the code below used to work on earlier versions of Swift 5.

protocol Composable {
    associatedtype Root
}

struct Component<Root> : Composable {
    typealias Root = Root
}

struct TupleComponent<Root, A, B> : Composable where A : Composable, B : Composable, A.Root == Root, B.Root == Root {
    typealias Root = Root
    init(a: A, b: B) {}
}

@_functionBuilder
struct Builder<Root> {
    public static func buildBlock<A>(_ a: A) -> A where A : Composable, A.Root == Root {
        return a
    }

public static func buildBlock<A, B>(_ a: A, _ b: B) -> TupleComponent<Root, A, B> where A : Composable, B : Composable, A.Root == Root, B.Root == Root {
        return TupleComponent(a: a, b: b)
    }
}

struct Schema<Root> {
    init<Component>(@Builder<Root> content: () -> Component) where Component : Composable, Component.Root == Root {}
}

Schema<Bool> {
    Component()
}

Schema<String> {
    Component() // Generic parameter 'Root' could not be inferred.
    Component() // Generic parameter 'Root' could not be inferred.
}

Basically the compiler was able to infer the generic parameters of all children of a parent type given that the parent's generic parameters were explicitly set. I wonder if this is actually a regression or if I should be defining the function builder in another way. I believe @John_McCall and @Douglas_Gregor are the main authors of this feature? Would both of you or anyone else with knowledge about function builders be able to help me solve this? Otherwise, maybe acknowledge that the code above should still be working as it did before? Thank you!

See my response here. It is not intended that this should work.

If I understand correctly what you said, this feature was removed because of possible performance issues with type inference? To be honest I'm not sure I understood the conclusion of the thread that you linked. What I understood from what @Douglas_Gregor mentioned is that type propagation through function builders with generic arguments should, indeed, work. Did I understand that incorrectly?

I'm also curious about why it works with a single child, but it doesn't work when there are multiple children.