The canvas isn’t visible in Xcode11.0

Hi all,
I flowing tutorial about swift UI. But I cannot show the can show the Canvas (I also used the tip Tip: If the canvas isn’t visible, select Editor > Editor and Canvas to show it. but still cannot show). I used Xcode 11.0 beta on MacOS 10.14.4 .

SwiftUI is available only on macOS 10.15

2 Likes

Thanks for point it out.

Actually, SwiftUI works with Xcode 11 on macOS 10.14.5, but tools like Canvas won't be available. This is my experience so far.

1 Like

Not sure if I should start a new post...but Canvas does not appear in my 2-year old project even though I recently upgraded to macOS 10.15 (19A547) and Xcode 11.1 (15405). Yes, I have selected Editor menu/Canvas to show it. Must I enable/select/configure other parts of my project? Simulator works fine. Building a new project shows Canvas working properly.

Many thanks in advance.

I have the same problem as kreutz, I have osx 10.15.2. It was appearing before and shows on other projects but now I can't seem to get it back on this one project, very annoying!

I found that if I remove everything from the view and just put a spacer, the canvas comes back, then I can put in my stacks again and it renders them. Seems buggy, maybe this will help others.