SwiftSyntax: Can't build swift-DEVELOPMENT-SNAPSHOT-2019-05-30-m

help. anyone?

swift tag: swift-DEVELOPMENT-SNAPSHOT-2019-05-29-a
swift-syntax tag: swift-DEVELOPMENT-SNAPSHOT-2019-05-30-m

$ ./build-script.py
** Generating gyb Files **
Done Generating gyb Files
** Building SwiftSyntax **
/Users/marcinkrzyzanowski/Devel/swift-source/swift-syntax/Sources/SwiftSyntax/SyntaxParser.swift:17:8: error: no such module '_InternalSwiftSyntaxParser'
import _InternalSwiftSyntaxParser
       ^
/Users/marcinkrzyzanowski/Devel/swift-source/swift-syntax/Sources/SwiftSyntax/SyntaxParser.swift:17:8: error: no such module '_InternalSwiftSyntaxParser'
import _InternalSwiftSyntaxParser
       ^

is it supposed to build?

Could you use a latest development shot OSS toolchain to build SwiftSyntax?
You can download from here

FYI, if you use the swift-syntax tags they already have the gyb-generated files, you only have to get the OSS toolchain and run /path/to/oss_toolchain/usr/bin/swift build in the swift-syntax repo with the tag checked out.

1 Like

thanks. That actually worked out. I missed it somehow (missed that it already works).

How does it work - I mean, what is the rule to create a tag with degyb files?
While tag swift-DEVELOPMENT-SNAPSHOT-2019-05-30-m has degyb files, it doesn't apply to swift-DEVELOPMENT-SNAPSHOT-2019-06-02-a - is it that only "m as manual" tags comes with degyb?

and xcode11-beta1 tag is created out of... what actually? out of public swift, or the swift compilation that was used for Xcode11? I feel lost here. help.

The swift-DEVELOPMENT-SNAPSHOT-2019-06-02-a tag without de-gyb'ed files was a mistake, I deleted it.
xcode11-beta1 matches with the syntax parser in the beta 1 toolchain. That toolchain had early support for property wrappers and by the time this showed up in swift-5.1-branch there were other changes in syntax parsing that we didn't have time to sync back, so this is a tag that includes property wrappers support but excludes other changes. This is temporary until the Xcode toolchain syncs-up again with latest syntax parser changes.