我觉得Swift需要一个强有力的口号

我觉得Swift需要需要一个强有力的口号
像Write once run anywhere这种
告诉每一个开发者Swift的定位是什么
因为我在找工作的时候经常被面试官问到,Swift究竟是一门什么样的开发语言?
我不知道我怎样回答才是正确的
看完swift6的road map以后我才知道原来咱们是一门跨平台开发语言
那现在的情况就比较尴尬,在这个目标实现之前,我们应该如何回答“swift是一门什么样的语言”这种问题呢?

1 Like

You need Google Translate first.

Swift has its philosophy. It can be different tool for different people. The whole of Swift experience is nearly impossible to be concluded with a single slogan.

Instead, everyone first visiting Swift.org will be greeted by the following words. They are going to answer the basic questions of Swift:

Welcome to the Swift community. Together we are working to build a programming language to empower everyone to turn their ideas into apps on any platform.

Announced in 2014, the Swift programming language has quickly become one of the fastest growing languages in history. Swift makes it easy to write software that is incredibly fast and safe by design. Our goals for Swift are ambitious: we want to make programming simple things easy, and difficult things possible.

For students, learning Swift has been a great introduction to modern programming concepts and best practices. And because it is open, their Swift skills will be able to be applied to an even broader range of platforms, from mobile devices to the desktop to the cloud.

1 Like

我其实核心的疑问就在于,我认为应该有这样的口号,来给这门语言一个清晰又明确的定位
为啥定位不清晰会成为一个问题
中国有句成语叫做先入为主
刚开始模棱两可,然后再去解释清楚,很难颠覆大众对这门语言已有的的印象
我会讲英语不需要翻译,我只是觉得中文特别酷,不想用英语

1 Like

“使用时清晰”这句话确实不错,很精妙,但是他只是一个设计理念,也不是口号
我反正想要这个特别炫酷的口号,让自己更加坚定地拥抱Swift

1 Like

我想在此提醒大家,论坛的明确政策是“鼓励用户...使用他们选择的语言”。 关于非英语帖子应(或必须)翻译的建议离题,而且是不正确的。 主题创建者应使用其内心想要的任何语言,楼内回帖应遵循楼主所选择的语言(可自愿提供翻译)。

I want to chime in here to remind everyone that it is the explicit policy of the forums that "users... are encouraged to use their language of choice." Suggestions that non-English posts should (or must) be translated are off-topic and incorrect. The topic creator should use whatever language their heart desires, and responses to a given thread should adhere to the language chosen by the topic creator (optionally supplying a translation).

感谢 @wowbagger 的中文翻译帮助。

Thanks to @wowbagger for help with the Chinese translation.

15 Likes

Ok, thanks for your advice, I will use English next time.

If you're comfortable using English, you'll probably get more engagement, but you're welcome to use whatever language you like.

8 Likes

我非常喜欢 Swift, 可是使用 Swift 的公司在中国太少了。
不过我认为这主要的原因是 Swift 的生态还太差了(目前只有用来ios/mac开发比较成熟),
没有宣传口号并不主要原因。

I like Swift very much, but there are too few companies using Swift in China(I don't know the situation elsewhere).
But I think the main reason for this is that the ecology of Swift is still too few(currently most used for IOS/Mac development),
The publicity slogans may help little.

恰恰相反,中国的大公司都在积极使用Swift
可以参考这篇文章
您可能需要翻译工具来阅读

On the contrary, big companies in China are actively using Swift. you can refer to this article and you may need translation tools to read it

Like I said, only used in IOS/Mac

Safe, FastExpressive 唔能夠作為口號去搵工咩? 我經常用呢三個詞去形容Swift。

Safe, Fast and Expressive can't be a slogan for you to find a job? I always use these three words to describe Swift.

1 Like

下次我试试

If i interview and ask the candidate the same question, i just want to know he/she how deep of understanding of that lang.

I may want to know how can candidates use their knowledge to help the company. Not just want to know how the candidates good at Swift.

However, it's never asking for a slogan.

你说的在理,不过你可能不太能够理解国内面试官的一些胡搅蛮缠,他们就是想知道更多。

What you said is reasonable, but you may not be able to understand some of the entanglement of domestic interviewers, who just want to know more.

1 Like