- @daveverwer Rework the "Why Swift?" section to better describe what Swift is instead
@TimTr Find 1 code snippet that we can highlight on the landing page
- later we can think about coming up with ~10 snippets to rotate, but this will require some more effort that shouldn't block the contents branch
- @alexandersandberg Add a box to the landing page to highlight above snippet in + possibly add code highlighting (@tomerd will send some resources he has used before for this)
- @daveverwer Start thinking about how we can show packages/statistics from SPI on Swift.org
@tomerd Talk with @compnerd how we can possibly showcase cross-platform/Windows as a use case next to Apple platforms/Server
- can we maybe include it in the CLI guide somehow as well?
- @tomerd Improve tone in "Use cases" description — it's a bit too plain at the moment; not very exciting to read
- @tomerd Improve Library guide with better introductory text — what is a library?
- @kaishin + @tomerd + @0xTim to work together on creating better, a bit more consistent headers/footers for each guide with links to source code, some next steps, community resources?
@James_Dempsey + @kaishin Visually lift TSPL in getting started — currently quite hidden
- can we reuse the existing boxes?
- can we highlight TSPL and maybe some other links at the top of the page like on the landing page?
@mishal_shah + @James_Dempsey Add new section between "Installing Swift" and "Using Swift" for people new to programming with relevant links on how to get started
- "Swift is a great first language to learn. Here are some links to getting started..." (something like this)
- Should we reuse the boxes here as well to keep it consistent?
- @mishal_shah Finish the work and open a PR — target date May 15th
- Feature latest blog post on landing page
- Host getting started guides and other content with DocC
- What do we need to modify to integrate DocC as part of the website building process?
- We need to fix the sidebar conflict before this as well
- action item for later to discuss the approach in regards to hosting components outside the repo or not and what's possible
- @mishal_shah mentioned that it also would be nice to be able to subscribe to the content as events change
- No meeting next week due to WWDC