Swift Next: Swift syntax package in async/await era — for Sublime Text 4

Hi community.
I have been working on the Swift syntax file for Sublime Text 4 for a while, and published it today.

Swift Next

Features

• Full support of Swift 5.6 (some accepted / implemented proposals are supported in advance).
    • Older Swift versions (deprecated or retired syntax) are not supported, and not in plan.
  • Supports Documentation Comment Syntax
  • Supports MARK: TODO: FIXME:
  • Xcode-style Symbol List
  • Ships with all the Swift snippets from Xcode tuned for Sublime Text
  • Compatible with the new regex engine of Sublime Text

Working with Sublime Text to write Swift have never been better these days, thanks to sourcekit-lsp & LSP-SourceKit combo and /usr/bin/xcdebug.

I write Swift code mainly with Sublime Text – Xcode is only for debugging.
You can even work with iOS frameworks if you specify iOS toolchain.

I hope you try it out and happy coding!

27 Likes

Is this in Package Control or does one have to download it and install manually?

It is now. Swift Next - Packages - Package Control

A little bit of a story behind this release: @aerobounce stopped responding in the repo somewhere around the date of this post, so I take his job with all the respect to the authorship rights and stuff, created an organisation, put the fork in there, and passed through Package Control release process. So here we are. This package are available to everyone with just a few keypresses now.

This is such an amazing job was made here. Looking at the code of this package I still can not believe how much effort got paid here. Thank you for your work @aerobounce once again.

2 Likes