Hey guys. I have a couple of questions to understand how to navigate the Swift codebase and the state of LLVM passes here. Pardon the super newbie questions :)
- Which LLVM version is Swift (let's say 5.2) based on?
- I have a few passes that are used to add a few extensions to the language with the usage of function annotations. Would it be easy to use an existing LLVM pass in Swift or should one create it anew?
- If one would create a new Swift pass, is there a "hello world" example somewhere? If not, would lib/SILOptimizer/Transforms or lib/LLVMPasses be a good place to start?
- What is SILOptimizer (and what is SIL)?
- Finally, would Apple Appstore accept apps made with a custom-built Swift toolchain, or would they completely refuse anything outside of
XCode's toolchain, even if bitcode is bundled?