Attendees: @adam-fowler, @tomerd, @FranzBusch, @ktoso, @0xtim, @graskind, @davmoser
- @adam-fowler Graphiti and GraphQL need new async based docs - need to reach out
- @FranzBusch to make gaps in ecosystem post public (waiting on thumbs up)
- @davmoser - blog post for AWS sample update to swift concurrency
- @graskind finish updating swift evolution for property wrappers in protocols
- @tomerd Community survey
- @tachyonics: set up middleware meeting
- @0xTim to investigate slim containers based on Canonical's work
- @patrick Swiftly - Move to the SSWG GitHub org
- @0xTim SwiftPM support in Dependabot - working on this. Looking through old PRs will have something for next meeting
- @jdmcd to put together a pitch for blog (Transeo scaling Swift)
- @FranzBusch and @0xTim write 2022 Review Post
- @FranzBusch Start conversation on Windows CI on Slack.
- @0xTim ask Mishal what is plan going forward for swift docker files. Are we going to use Swiftly?
- Everyone - review ServiceLifecycle and provide feedback where necessary
AWS blog posts
- @tomerd Difficultly finding info, need blog posts
- @davmoser Main issue seems to be how do you deploy? SAM, CoPilot CDK, Cloudformation etc
- @0xtim We should keep it simple and supply Deploy fargate and lambda blogs only. It is not our job to demostrate every method available.
- @davmoser we suggest you use SAM for lambda and use CoPilot for fargate
@FranzBusch talked with Cory to discuss how we feel about proper Windows support in NIO
- There was concern about Windows CI being available before moving forward
- SwiftPM on Windows is also a concern
- @tomerd - Start conversation with Mishal and others about starting Windows CI
AWS SAM CLI Rust support
- Can we get first class support for Swift as well?
- @davmoser Need some templates, check with AWS service team to see what they need.
Summmer of Code 2023
- @ktoso Apple open to mentorship by people outside of Apple, If you have any suggestions or ideas for projects please provide input
- @FranzBusch Zookeeper project, don't have any knowledge if someone else does, maybe they could take it on.
- @ktoso month left for input
Structured Service Lifecycle
- @FranzBusch presented code for new ServiceLifecycle
- Looking for feedback
- How do we get libraries using this
- It would clean up systems that run code in background. It isn't always clear where these processes are being initiated
- How do we get it in swift-service-lifecycle library?
No longer possible to request code coverage output path without running tests
- Holding back Vapor CI with nightlies
VSCode Devcontainer features
- @adam-fowler Devcontainer features are used to augment existing devcontainers
- Many languages use features for building their devcontainer templates, unlike Swift which uses a base docker image.
- It would mean replicating work from swift-docker repo. Work that is also possibly needed by Swiftly
- @0xTim Are the swift-docker images going to move to using Swiftly