SSWG - 24th May, 2023

  • @adam-fowler / @0xTim - to work with Fabian to make comments re: WebURL in a PR
  • :a: All - review CodeQL project 1 in preparation for a discussion in the next meeting around how the SSWG can assist
    • Carryover
  • @tomerd - to work with Sebastian from AWS to review the the Amazon Linux 2023 PR
    • Did chat a bit
    • Doesn't have gold (the linker) since that's what we require; we don't formally support lld so it's a bit weird
    • :a: @tomerd will poke the thread
    • As part of evolution proposals have been exploring other linkers, lld seems promising and ongoing work
  • :a: ALL - prepare for a discussion at the next meeting to review all Incubation projects and discuss if the status should change.
  • Carryover
  • :a: Prepare for Core Team meeting
    • We should prepare topics we want to talk about
    • Both status and things we'd like to ask or request from the team
    • @tomerd likely to prepare an empty slide deck later on that we can collaborate on
      • Start off discussing in an internal forums thread though

Nathan / RediStack

  • Joannis and Fabian to take over primary maintanance

  • :a: @graskind finish updating swift evolution for property wrappers in protocols - (Carryover)
  • :a: @0xTim to investigate slim containers based on Canonical's work - (Carryover)
  • :a: @patrick to get the final swiftly 0.1.0 stuff ready - (progress being made - working on a PR)
  • :a: @tomerd to organize core team link up based around the 2023 goals - (Carryover)

Shared "Minimal HTTP Server" core library

Running Discord client review

  • What should be SSWG recommended or not?

  • package seems good, but is also not very "core" so we're a bit unsure

    • since the SSWG ends up on the hook if maintanance drops off, this may be too low priority to put into SSWG?
  • GitHub - DiscordBM/DiscordBM: A New Multiplatform Swift Discord Library, Primarily For Making Bots

  • :a: Franz to talk to package index if we could get category to hightlight server packages, this would be a great new way to give packages more exposure without linking it with maintanance burden
    Add to agenda:

  • Maturyity review

  • What should be in the SSWG recommendations