[SOLVED] How can I change my forum username?

My username is @Kevin_Ballard. This name is no longer appropriate. It doesn't look like there's any way for me to change it. Can someone help me change it to something else?

1 Like

Click your avatar in the top right corner of the website, then gear in the window that shows up, and then a pencil next to your username.

It looks like usernames aren't editable -- there's no pencil icon next to the username when I edit my profile. Is that something we can enable?

@jarod is correct, I already updated my profile and Username was the one field that I was not allowed to edit. This is why I posted this question.

I can see that changing usernames may invalidate existing mentions (though in an ideal world, existing mentions would be rewritten to point at the new name), but I'm not terribly worried about that.

Huh.

It's probably because your account was created via the mailing list import. I think you'd need to make a new account if you want a new username. Or just have a forum admin change it.

That's probably the difference. Surely a forum administrator could fix this for me though? Anyone know who the administrators are?

Hi Lily, I just changed it for you :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you!

Hi, I have a similar issue…

Would you mind making it so that I can update my username via my profile, or changing it to SwiftSanders?

Many thanks

It’d be nice to make it possible to change it in general…

1 Like

Is this likely to be seen or should i start a new topic? I understand its not a function, however I had hoped that admin might be able to change it for me… pretty please :sweat_smile::pray:

cc @Nicole_Jacque @mishal_shah could you help Matt out?

1 Like

@SwiftSanders Your username is now updated.

1 Like