Seeking clarification on import piggybackers

While trying to figure out how to import only String.init(format:_:...) (spoiler: you can't), I noticed that importing Foundation.NSString is also somehow importing CoreGraphics.CGColor (and others). Yes, I see that Foundation has import CoreGraphics near the top, but I was wondering if it is intentional or necessary that importing NSString also imports CoreGraphics, or if this behavior would change under the pitched import access control rules. Intuitively I want to say that the piggybacking doesn't make sense, but at the same time I don't really understand this stuff, like compiling, linking, Obj-C bridging/interop, ABI stability, etc.

I'm just looking for a little clarification on whether this is considered normal or if this is an issue due to the lack of import access control, or maybe a separate issue with scoped imports.

Also just found this: [SR-11782] Scoped imports are not yet supported in module interfaces · Issue #54191 · apple/swift · GitHub not sure if that is referring to the same behavior I'm seeing.