Hello Swift community,
The review of "Inferring
Sendable for methods and key path literals" begins now and runs through January 1, 2024. The proposal is available here:
Reviews are an important part of the Swift evolution process. All review feedback should be either on this forum thread or, if you would like to keep your feedback private, directly to the review manager by email. When emailing the review manager directly, please include "SE-0418" in the subject line.
If you'd like to try this proposal out, you can download a toolchain supporting it here. Any trunk development snapshot dated in December 2023 should do. You will need to add
-enable-experimental-feature InferSendableFromCaptures to your build flags.
(Edit: Note that the proposed changes to the
appending(path:) methods are not in the toolchain.)
The goal of the review process is to improve the proposal under review through constructive criticism and, eventually, determine the direction of Swift. When writing your review, here are some questions you might want to answer in your review:
- What is your evaluation of the proposal?
- Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?
- Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
- If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
- How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?
More information about the Swift evolution process is available at
SE-0418 Review Manager