The review of SE-0324: Relax diagnostics for pointer arguments to C functions , beings now and runs through September 24, 2021.
Amongst the concluding remarks for SE-307, there was some guidance that the Core Team provided with regards to implicit conversions:
There has been a great deal of interest from the community in generalized implicit conversions, and there continues to be discussions around that topic. The core team does not consider the resolution of that discussion to be a precondition for this proposal. I would appreciate that the review thread remain focused on the proposal as presented, and that parties interested in the generalized implicit conversion continue the discussion at Generalization of Implicit Conversions - Evolution / Discussion - Swift Forums.
Reviews are an important part of the Swift evolution process. All review feedback should be either on this forum thread or, if you would like to keep your feedback private, directly to the review manager, by email or by direct message in the Swift forums. Please include "SE-0324" somewhere in the subject text if sending review feedback by private correspondence.
The goal of the review process is to improve the proposal under review through constructive criticism and, eventually, determine the direction of Swift.
When reviewing a proposal, here are some questions to consider:
- What is your evaluation of the proposal?
- Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?
- Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
- If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
- How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?
Thank you for helping improve Swift!