Hello Swift community,
The second review of SE-0272 “Package Manager Binary Dependencies" begins now and runs through December 20, 2019.
Reviews are an important part of the Swift evolution process. All reviews should be made in this thread on the Swift forums or, if you would like to keep your feedback private, directly in email to me as the review manager.
The goal of the review process is to improve the proposal under review through constructive criticism and, eventually, determine the direction of Swift. When writing your review, here are some questions you might want to answer in your review:
- What is your evaluation of the proposal?
- Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to the Swift Package Manager?
- Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
- If you have used other languages, libraries, or package managers with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
- How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?
More information about the Swift evolution process is available on the Swift Evolution website.
As always, thank you for participating in Swift Evolution.