Running benchmark in release mode

Hi,

I’m trying to run the benchmarks for swift-source on my machine.

./swift/utils/build-script --benchmark

works, but takes ages. So I was trying to run the benchmark in release mode:

./swift/utils/build-script -R -B

this fails with the last command being:

/Users/mondo/Developer/swift-source/build/Ninja-ReleaseAssert/swift-macosx-x86_64/bin/Benchmark_Driver run -o O --output-dir /Users/mondo/Developer/swift-source/build/Ninja-ReleaseAssert/swift-macosx-x86_64/benchmark/logs --swift-repo /Users/mondo/Developer/swift-source/swift --iterations
[..].
Benchmark_Driver run: error: argument -i/--iterations: expected one argument

I have tried this to no avail:

./swift/utils/build-script -R --benchmark-num-onone-iterations 3

Is what I’m trying to do not supported by build-script, or am I misunderstanding how to use the benchmark suit?

In case this is a bug in build script, I’ve filed a Jira issue: [SR-4357] Running benchmark in release mode · Issue #46936 · apple/swift · GitHub

Best regards
Pavol Vaskovic

Hi,

I’m trying to run the benchmarks for swift-source on my machine.

./swift/utils/build-script --benchmark

works, but takes ages. So I was trying to run the benchmark in release mode:

./swift/utils/build-script -R -B

this fails with the last command being:

/Users/mondo/Developer/swift-source/build/Ninja-ReleaseAssert/swift-macosx-x86_64/bin/Benchmark_Driver run -o O --output-dir /Users/mondo/Developer/swift-source/build/Ninja-ReleaseAssert/swift-macosx-x86_64/benchmark/logs --swift-repo /Users/mondo/Developer/swift-source/swift --iterations
[..].
Benchmark_Driver run: error: argument -i/--iterations: expected one argument

I have tried this to no avail:

./swift/utils/build-script -R --benchmark-num-onone-iterations 3

Is what I’m trying to do not supported by build-script, or am I misunderstanding how to use the benchmark suit?

I would copy what the benchmark bot does. Specifically it also specifies specifies benchmark-num-o-iterations.

That being said, I thought those parameters had default values.

Michael

···

On Mar 25, 2017, at 5:03 AM, Pavol Vaskovic via swift-dev <swift-dev@swift.org> wrote:

In case this is a bug in build script, I’ve filed a Jira issue: [SR-4357] Running benchmark in release mode · Issue #46936 · apple/swift · GitHub

Best regards
Pavol Vaskovic