* What is your evaluation of the proposal?
Stuck on one point:
let x: Int! = 5
let y = x
I expect to be able to treat y exactly the same as I treat x. Making y an
Int? is an [unpleasant] surprise. But I don't think this kind of thing is
terribly common, so I think I could live with it.
Most of the rest of the discussion surrounds points I had never considered
and can't imagine using. Having an array of [Type!], returning -> Type! -
these things do not appeal to me.
* Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a
change to Swift?
* Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
* If you have you used other languages or libraries with a similar
feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
* How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick
reading, or an in-depth study?
Read through the discussion