ProcessInfo arguments when running as a script?

Swift Users:
  I’m trying to parse the command-line arguments of a Swift 3 script using Xcode 8 beta 6. However, ProcessInfo’s arguments array now contains all of the swift compiler arguments as well as the command itself. For example, this script:

#!/usr/bin/env swift

import Foundation

print(ProcessInfo.processInfo.arguments)

now prints:

["/Users/jshier/Downloads/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/swift”,
"-frontend”,
"-interpret”,
"./processInfo.swift”,
"-target”,
"x86_64-apple-macosx10.9”,
"-enable-objc-interop”,
"-sdk”,
"/Users/jshier/Downloads/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk”,
"-color-diagnostics”,
"-module-name”,
"processInfo"]

(arguments broken into lines for readability)

Is this a bug (and if so, does it need to be reported) or is it an intentional change (if so, how are we supposed to parse arguments now?)?

Jon

I’d be surprised if the behavior of ProcessInfo has actually changed. Swift.CommandLine (formerly Swift.Process, unrelated to ProcessInfo) should have the script arguments only.

Jordan

···

On Aug 18, 2016, at 19:14, Jon Shier via swift-users <swift-users@swift.org> wrote:

Swift Users:
  I’m trying to parse the command-line arguments of a Swift 3 script using Xcode 8 beta 6. However, ProcessInfo’s arguments array now contains all of the swift compiler arguments as well as the command itself. For example, this script:

#!/usr/bin/env swift

import Foundation

now prints:

["/Users/jshier/Downloads/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/swift”,
"-frontend”,
"-interpret”,
"./processInfo.swift”,
"-target”,
"-enable-objc-interop”,
"-sdk”,
"/Users/jshier/Downloads/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk”,
"-color-diagnostics”,
"-module-name”,
"processInfo"]

Is this a bug (and if so, does it need to be reported) or is it an intentional change (if so, how are we supposed to parse arguments now?)?

Jon

Jordan:
  You’re quite right. I knew something had been renamed but between Process and ProcessInfo I lost my way.

Jon

···

On Aug 18, 2016, at 11:05 PM, Jordan Rose <jordan_rose@apple.com> wrote:

I’d be surprised if the behavior of ProcessInfo has actually changed. Swift.CommandLine (formerly Swift.Process, unrelated to ProcessInfo) should have the script arguments only.

Jordan

On Aug 18, 2016, at 19:14, Jon Shier via swift-users <swift-users@swift.org> wrote:

Swift Users:

#!/usr/bin/env swift

import Foundation

now prints:

"-frontend”,
"-interpret”,
"./processInfo.swift”,
"-target”,
"-enable-objc-interop”,
"-sdk”,
"-color-diagnostics”,
"-module-name”,
"processInfo"]

Jon