Predetermined text message

First app build and I would like to add the feature that when the user taps the button, it will automatically send a predetermined text to whomever the user has set it up for. What code allows for this?

I am not looking for a text function where the user has to type in the text and then use an SMS button to then send. One button sends one text to X amount of friends at one time.

Thanks for the help in advance.

I presume you’re talking about iOS here. If so, see QA1944 Sending SMS Programmatically.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ DTS @ Apple

Yes, I am speaking of iOS but not to send the message without the users knowledge.

I am trying to design my app that allows the user to send a predetermined message to individuals who they input ahead of time. When the user needs immediate assistance, they only need to tap the assigned button and the predetermined text ("I need to speak to you now, please") will be sent. During the immediate need of assistance I didn't want the user to have to find the person(s) they wanted, then type a message, then hit send. This will not be done without the user knowledge.