Porting Swift or Swift-LLDB to ESP32

Hi,

We are using development boards from www.PyCom.io (PyTrack, PySense, FiPy's...) to quickly test out new IoT-ideas ... and it work:ish quite well ...

One idea I have been pondering about is if it possible to port the Swift language to run on the Espressif-ESP32 that the PyCom boards them self run on.

They have modified: GitHub - espressif/esp-idf: Espressif IoT Development Framework. Official development framework for Espressif SoCs.
ESP-IDF Programming Guide - ESP32 - — ESP-IDF Programming Guide v4.4.2 documentation

To run MicroPython: GitHub - pycom/pycom-micropython-sigfox: A fork of MicroPython with the ESP32 port customized to run on Pycom's IoT multi-network modules.

So I was wondering, if it would be possible ... for fun sake ... to port the Swift-language to it?

And I'm thinking of GitHub - apple/swift-lldb: This is the version of LLDB that supports the Swift programming language & REPL. as it runs a REPL ... which looks to be the same thing they've done with porting MicroPython to it ... as it runs a REPL ...

/DEft

5 Likes

I'm also very interested to know if this has progressed at all. I would love to learn my ESP32 programming using Swift :)

1 Like

is it still on going?

I'm also very interested in it! Is there any news about swift for esp32?

SwiftOnArduino looks pretty promising and seems to be updated frequently.

I'd love to write Swift on ESP32… is anyone else doing that?

1 Like