FoundationNetworking and FoundationXML
Discussion about the divergence between Linux and Darwin. The solution in Swift 5.1 has solved problems relating to “linking the world”, but has also caused some known source breakage. We are interested in exploring the long term direction and whether there is intent to reconverge in future.
Discussion about the tradeoffs in removing libcurl and libxml2 from the Swift Docker images now that they’re not required (unless you use FoundationNetworking/XML).
[ACTION]: Ian to prototype these images to see how much smaller we can make them and whether it’s worth pursuing.
How can we be faster at publishing the meeting minutes? We need to be more disciplined about this, but at a minimum we will review the previous minutes at the start of each meeting.
Reviewed the minutes from last meeting…! Several actions are rolled over:
[ACTION] Tomer: send around a proposal document for a governance model
[ACTION] Tomer: Organise an out-of-band meeting regarding the next phase of the workgroup
[ACTION] Tanner: Send around the blog post draft to everybody
Increasing engagement: we want to broaden the list of participants in the SSWG. Discussion around how to achieve that, further discussions will happen face to face in Copenhagen at serverside.swift.
Discussion around moving meeting to Friday.
[ACTION] Ian: set up Doodle poll
New pitch! Great to see this arriving. We will encourage the authors to submit a full proposal. Some discussion around API design, we will encourage this conversation publicly once the proposal arrives.