Nominations for the Packages Community Showcase on Swift.org

Package

Reason for nomination

This package was adopted for benchmarking in Swift NIO and Swift Foundation, and is an important part of the ecosystem as a feature-rich benchmarking library.

16 Likes
7 Likes
  • Package: Soto
  • Reason for nomination: A valuable library for integrations with AWS. We're using it in multiple projects and it's been working pretty nicely, covering all services that we ever needed to use. Adam is also very active on maintaining the project.
2 Likes

I hope everyone is managing to take a little time off during the holidays, but if you’re still here, the SWWG would love your help with some nominations for January packages for the packages Community Showcase on Swift.org

So if you unwrapped a package yesterday that contained Swift instead of yet more chocolate, why not nominate it so we can show everyone how great it is.

As a quick reminder, please only nominate packages written by someone else, and include a sentence or two on what you love about it. The best way would be to copy the template here:

- **Package:** [Awesome Package](https://swiftpackageindex.com/owner/repo)
- **Reason for nomination:** This package is amazing and I use it all the time.
5 Likes

I'd like to submit

2 Likes

I'd also like to nominate:

1 Like

It’s time for some more nominations after last month’s packages have had a few weeks in the spotlight.

Did you find a new package this month that caught your eye? It doesn’t have to be something you’re actively using, the showcase is there to show any package you find interesting.

As a quick reminder, please only nominate packages written by someone else, and include a sentence or two on what you love about it. The best way would be to copy the template here:

- **Package:** [Awesome Package](https://swiftpackageindex.com/owner/repo)
- **Reason for nomination:** This package is amazing and I use it all the time.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’d like to nominate three packages this month:

4 Likes

I'd like to nominate:

• Package: SQLite.swift
  • Reason: Wonderfully simple, type-safe, and easy to integrate sqlite package
1 Like

I'd like to submit

1 Like

Oh, if nominating same (not previously accepted) package multiple times is fine, I'll add my +1 to this

2 Likes

Packages from previous months that were not selected carry over, at least while we are struggling for nominations, so Benchmark is still in the list :+1:

Consider it double-nominated! :joy:

1 Like

Oops, did I pick it before? I only checked that I hadn't recommended it last time :sweat_smile:

I would like to nominate:

swift-perception
Reason: pointfree has done the (seemingly) impossible: They have backported Apple's Observation all the way back to iOS 13! :exploding_head: You don't have to wait to adopt SwiftUI's observation superpowers! You can benefit from them today!

swift-markdown-ui
Reason: Drop dead simple Markdown views in SwiftUI, that respond to native changes (e.g. light/dark mode). Plus, it supports more markdown features than vanilla SwiftUI Text views.

2 Likes

Actually, when I came to update the winners for this month, I saw that it already won and was on the Community Showcase page for January :face_with_peeking_eye:

It's excluded from future months because of that. We are working on adding a historical record of all featured packages, as this will be more likely to happen as we go forward.

2 Likes

Just a quick note to say that this month's packages are now live on the site.

Please keep the nominations coming!

3 Likes

I'll bite...

Lottie

Makes adding animations to your UI a cinch. Turn any aftereffects file into an animated view, or download one from lottiefiles.com

Nuke

You shouldn't be embarrassed. We all have to do it at some time. That's right, asynchronously download, cache, and present images. Nuke improves on AsyncImage, mainly in that you don't have to worry about setting up your own caching. It can also adapt images, reducing size for example.

3 Likes

Godot game engine project to SwiftUI Xcode app for visionOS. Timely.
Easy, fast, much needed free tool to develop in 3D for Apple Vision Pro.
See also GodotVisionExample repo which uses this package.

1 Like

I'd like to nominate Fork which allows for parallelizing multiple async functions. I was going to attempt to explain what Fork is, but Zach did a great job on the readme so below is a snippet of that, and said readme also does a great job explaing use cases.

Fork is a Swift library that allows for parallelizing multiple async functions. It provides a Fork struct that takes a single input and splits it into two separate async functions that return different outputs. The two functions can then be merged into one which returns a single output.

2 Likes
  • Package: Adwaita for Swift
  • Reason for nomination: Allows creating user interfaces for GNOME with an API similar to SwiftUI.
2 Likes