• Pushly
  • Raven
  • APNSDelivery

Let's go full Silicon Valley: Pshr :smile:

4 Likes

+1

+1 for SwiftAPNS

1 Like

Will this framework be limited to APNS forever or will future versions include Google Cloud Messaging or the newer Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM)?

If so, this should be reflected in the name of the framework

I ran @johannesweiss' handy GitHub query on all suggested, and this is the "shortlist" of what's available:

• AsyncAPNS
  • APNSNIO
  • SwiftAPN
  • AsyncPN
  • Pushr
  • Pushly
  • APNSDelivery

Unavailable:

Of those so far, I support AsyncAPNS, APNSDelivery, and SwiftAPN

'Pidgeon' is available though :smirk:

This particular library will never support GCM/google cloud.

Another library will do that and then I’m sure someone will incorporate both on their SSS platform of choice.

+1 for AsyncAPNS, it clearly defines the purpose and expectation better than the rest imo

Im liking this one.

1 Like

APNSwift?

3 Likes

APNSwift :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cross-post:

Yes, that discussion is here.

And more in the meeting notes that I just posted: June 27th, 2019

Okay so far the top multiple available votes seem to be (based on heart and comments)

• APNSwift (4)
  • AsyncAPNS (4)
  • APNSNIO (2) (Could still clash)

I feel like APNSwift doesn't link to the async concept, but AsyncAPNS, isn't 100% true because with NIOAPNS you can do blocking if you want/by mistake.

+1 for APNSwift.

It's a unique name that doesn't share any similarities to other SSWG packages like:

• AsyncHTTPClient
  • PostgresNIO
  • RedisNIO
  • etc

Setting a precedent of choosing unique names for SSWG packages and not creating patterns that could lead to clashes seems like our best bet until Swift gets better namespacing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I'm on board for APNSwift but only because I couldn't think of anything better.

It seems maybe a little odd to me to be putting Swift in the name — it's doesn't add much to the name other than saying "hey, this is written in Swift." which is sort of a given(?). APNS on its own is just co-opting the name of the service. Put the two together and the result isn't much better.

I hesitate proposing this because I fear I'd get laughed off stage, but maybe APNSKit? @tanner0101, you and I had a pretty lengthy discussion last fall around appending Kit to most of Vapor's packages and that seemed to work out really well.

2 Likes

KnockAPNS
KnockedAPNS
Knocker

2 Likes