Navigation improvements to Swift.org

Some great work from the @swift-website-workgroup on improving the navigation of Swift.org went live today:

Thank you so much to everyone who contributed to these changes! These are fantastic to see!

Please feel free to provide feedback by messaging the @swift-website-workgroup or raising GitHub Issues on the website repository.

41 Likes

Fantastic work from @alexandersandberg and @kaishin especially!

5 Likes

This is a great improvement, thanks to everyone who worked on it!

One slight regression I've noticed: as someone who's frequently looking up developer snapshots, the path to the Releases page has become less clear. On the old layout, there was a Downloads link directly in the left sidebar. In the new layout, it looks like I have to click through "Latest Release" > "Package Installer" > one of the "download" or "snapshot" links in that page's prose (or a similar path for Linux).

Could we elevate that page back up a little higher? Maybe the "Download 5.9.2" button at the top could have a hover drop-down with a link to "Other Releases" or something like that.

11 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. We'll bring this up in our next workgroup meeting.

2 Likes

Looks great! Shout out to @alexandersandberg!

Shout out to @kaishin (who I'm still so grateful to for making the Carthage logo!)

2 Likes

Nice! But Xcode’s latest release is 15.2 if I remember.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback @law!

I've filed Install page references outdated Xcode version as latest · Issue #493 · apple/swift-org-website · GitHub to capture the issue.

UPDATE: And PR #495

Great work @kaishin and @alexandersandberg! :clap:

2 Likes

Thank you! Credits go to the whole website workgroup though (and especially @kaishin) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Should there be a link to these forums, from e.g. the "community" menu?

2 Likes