Mutability for Foundation types in Swift

Dear swift-evolution denizens,

As you know from our announcement of Swift Open Source and our work on naming guidelines, one of our goals for Swift 3 is to “drop NS” for Foundation. We want to to make the cross-platform Foundation API that is available as part of swift-corelibs feel like it is not tied to just Darwin targets. We also want to reinforce the idea that new Foundation API must fit in with the language, standard library, and the rapidly evolving design patterns we see in the community.

You challenged us on one part of this plan: some Foundation API just doesn’t “feel Swifty”, and a large part of the reason why is that it often does not have the same value type behavior as other Swift types. We took this feedback seriously, and I would like to share with you the start of an important journey for some of the most commonly used APIs on all of our platforms: adopting value semantics for key Foundation types.

We have been working on this for some time now, and the set of diffs that result from this change is large. At this point, I am going to focus effort on an overview of the high level goals and not the individual API of each new type. In order to focus on delivering something up to our quality standards, we are intentionally leaving some class types as-is until a future proposal. If you don’t see your favorite class on the list — don’t despair. We are going to iterate on this over time. I see this as the start of the process.

One process note: we are still trying to figure out the best way to integrate changes to API that ship as part of the operating system (which includes Foundation) into the swift-evolution review process. Swift-evolution is normally focused on changes to functionality in the compiler or standard library. In general, I don’t expect all new Foundation API introduced in the Darwin/Objective-C framework to go through the open source process. However, as we’ve brought up this topic here before, I felt it was important to bring this particular change to the swift-evolution list.

As always I welcome your feedback.

Thanks,
- Tony

I don’t have anything significant to say other than that this is awesome.

l8r
Sean

···

On Apr 22, 2016, at 12:18 PM, Tony Parker via swift-evolution <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:

As you know from our announcement of Swift Open Source and our work on naming guidelines, one of our goals for Swift 3 is to “drop NS” for Foundation. We want to to make the cross-platform Foundation API that is available as part of swift-corelibs feel like it is not tied to just Darwin targets. We also want to reinforce the idea that new Foundation API must fit in with the language, standard library, and the rapidly evolving design patterns we see in the community.

You challenged us on one part of this plan: some Foundation API just doesn’t “feel Swifty”, and a large part of the reason why is that it often does not have the same value type behavior as other Swift types. We took this feedback seriously, and I would like to share with you the start of an important journey for some of the most commonly used APIs on all of our platforms: adopting value semantics for key Foundation types.

We have been working on this for some time now, and the set of diffs that result from this change is large. At this point, I am going to focus effort on an overview of the high level goals and not the individual API of each new type. In order to focus on delivering something up to our quality standards, we are intentionally leaving some class types as-is until a future proposal. If you don’t see your favorite class on the list — don’t despair. We are going to iterate on this over time. I see this as the start of the process.

One process note: we are still trying to figure out the best way to integrate changes to API that ship as part of the operating system (which includes Foundation) into the swift-evolution review process. Swift-evolution is normally focused on changes to functionality in the compiler or standard library. In general, I don’t expect all new Foundation API introduced in the Darwin/Objective-C framework to go through the open source process. However, as we’ve brought up this topic here before, I felt it was important to bring this particular change to the swift-evolution list.

https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0069-swift-mutability-for-foundation.md

Thanks,
- Tony

Amazing, I am really looking forward to this feature!

Comments:

- For Locale and Calendar, one possible Swift layout would be to synthesize a protocol and to use that to represent bridged API. You could then bridge inbound to either the immutable value type or the dynamic class-based type. On the swift side, these are constructed as two distinct types.

- For any of these types, are there improvements (similar to String) which would be worth making before exposing ’the’ Swift type and API? The ones I’m specifically worried about are Date and URL, since I’ve seen so many standard language time and networking API show their age over time.

-DW

···

On Apr 22, 2016, at 11:18 AM, Tony Parker via swift-evolution <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:

https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0069-swift-mutability-for-foundation.md

Thanks,
- Tony

This looks amazing—really looking forward to seeing the progression here!

I do have a question about how copy-on-write is handled for larger data types like Data (née NSData). The standard library types that can use bridged storage use immutable classes until there's a mutation, at which point the contents are copied into native storage. From then on (as long as the native storage is still uniquely referenced) the contents can be mutated in place without any copying.

With the proposed value semantics around an NSData instance, how do you handle that in-place mutation? When bridging from Objective-C to Swift, it sounds like you'll call copy() on an NSData instance. Does NSMutableData perform the role of the native storage when mutating? If so, is another copy needed when bridging a Data instance backed by NSMutableData back to NSData?

The proposal says: "For reference-holding types like Data, we simply pass our interior NSData pointer back to Objective-C. The underlying data is not copied at bridging time." If the Data instance is backed by NSMutableData, can we still successfully check for uniqueness once we pass it back to Objective-C?

Thanks!
Nate

···

On Apr 22, 2016, at 12:18 PM, Tony Parker via swift-evolution <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:

Thanks,
- Tony

Hi Tony,

Would value types like NSDateFormatterStyle or NSCalendarUnit etc get renamed with out `NS` in Swift ?

Would supporting classes to NSDate like NSDateComponents NSDateFormatter etc also get value semantics?

Thank you!

···

On Apr 22, 2016, at 10:18 AM, Tony Parker via swift-evolution <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:

Thanks,
- Tony

Having read the proposal a couple times now, I like it, but I have couple
if small questions, and I'm sure I'll have more in the next day or so. I'm
going to refer to NSData et. al. in the questions because that's the
example given in the proposal, but these questions should be more widely
applicable.

First, relating to customizing the behavior though a custom subclass to
NSData, I'm assuming that the as operator will box the instance of the
NSData subclass. That is, `MyData() as Data` will create a new instance of
MyData, a new instance of Data, and assign the MyData instance to the Data
instance's _box property.

If that's the case, why not make it more explicit that Data is wrapping
MyData and instead create an initializer for Data that takes the NSData
instance to wrap instead of using the as operator? It definitely matches
the use of the as operator from NSString to String, but that design
decision seems to predate a preference for initializers in type conversion,
and I'm wondering if there's a disadvantage to initializers or an advantage
to the as operator that I'm not seeing.

Second, let's say I have a MyMutableData class in Obj-C that's a subclass
of NSMutableData. I have an Objective-C method that returns an instance of
MyMutableData, and his function is called from Swift, and I do something
like `let foo = objCObj.objCMethod() as Data`. The foo instance is now
supposed to be immutable, but backed by a mutable Objective-C object. If I
then mutate the data in Objective-C, what happens?

If the answer to this is that the MyMutableData instance is copied in the
transfer from Objective-C to Swift so that mutations in Objective-C don't
affect the Swift instance, what about the case where I used `var foo`
instead of `let foo`? Does that mean that if I modify the data in
Objective-C that it won't get modified in Swift (and vice-versa)?

···

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 10:18 AM, Tony Parker via swift-evolution < swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:

As you know from our announcement of Swift Open Source and our work on
naming guidelines, one of our goals for Swift 3 is to “drop NS” for
Foundation. We want to to make the cross-platform Foundation API that is
available as part of swift-corelibs feel like it is not tied to just Darwin
targets. We also want to reinforce the idea that new Foundation API must
fit in with the language, standard library, and the rapidly evolving design
patterns we see in the community.

You challenged us on one part of this plan: some Foundation API just
doesn’t “feel Swifty”, and a large part of the reason why is that it often
does not have the same value type behavior as other Swift types. We took
this feedback seriously, and I would like to share with you the start of an
important journey for some of the most commonly used APIs on all of our
platforms: adopting value semantics for key Foundation types.

We have been working on this for some time now, and the set of diffs that
result from this change is large. At this point, I am going to focus effort
on an overview of the high level goals and not the individual API of each
new type. In order to focus on delivering something up to our quality
standards, we are intentionally leaving some class types as-is until a
future proposal. If you don’t see your favorite class on the list — don’t
despair. We are going to iterate on this over time. I see this as the start
of the process.

One process note: we are still trying to figure out the best way to
integrate changes to API that ship as part of the operating system (which
includes Foundation) into the swift-evolution review process.
Swift-evolution is normally focused on changes to functionality in the
compiler or standard library. In general, I don’t expect all new Foundation
API introduced in the Darwin/Objective-C framework to go through the open
source process. However, as we’ve brought up this topic here before, I felt
it was important to bring this particular change to the swift-evolution
list.

Thanks,
- Tony

On the one hand I like the idea (and particularly like the foundation types having meaningful `mutating` annotations, loosely speaking).

On the other hand I have two questions:

1. will the NS types actually remain visible/usable (on supported platforms, perhaps requiring a specific import to become visible)?
2. does this include — or are their separate plans for — exposing the backing reference type in some principled way?

For (2.) what I mean is something like having at least the heavyweight thing like `Data` (and ideally also Array/Set/Dictionary/IndexSet, etc.) have matching-API reference types like `DataRef` in the standard library.

I think this has come up before at some point, but if it did I didn’t follow it.

My interest in (1.) is mostly b/c I suspect the answer to (2.) is “no”.

Apologies if these are alrexdy-addressedd and I just missed it.

···

Thanks,
- Tony

One comment:

"In the most common case where a developer does not provide a custom reference type, then the backing store is our existing NSData and NSMutableData implementations. This consolidates logic into one place and provides cheap bridging in many cases (see Bridging for more information).”

Would it not be more efficient to bridge to the C-based CFData and CFMutableData implementations instead, to avoid the object overhead?

Charles

···

Thanks,
- Tony

We took this feedback seriously, and I would like to share with you the start of an important journey for some of the most commonly used APIs on all of our platforms: adopting value semantics for key Foundation types.

This proposal is way cool, and I think you've selected a great starting set of APIs.

Of the other candidate APIs you mentioned, I'm definitely looking forward to AttributedString and some parts of the NSURL Loading system (primarily the requests and responses; the connections and sessions should probably be object types). Predicate, OrderedSet, CountedSet, and possibly Number and Value make sense as well.

However, I think that Locale, Progress, Operation, Calendar, and Port are poor candidates for becoming value types, because they represent specific resources which may be partially outside of your thread's/process's control; that is, they're rather like NS/UIView, in that they represent a specific, identifiable "thing" which cannot be copied without losing some aspect of its meaning. (I also see little value in an Error type; honestly, in the long run I'd like to see Swift-facing Foundation grow towards pretending that NSError doesn't exist and only ErrorProtocol does.)

The following code is a more natural match for the way Swift developers would expect this to work:

var myDate = Date()
  myDate.addTimeInterval(60) // OK

let myOtherDate = Date()
  myOtherDate.addTimeInterval(60) // Error, as expected

The semantic is definitely more what Swift users expect, but the name may not be. As far as I can tell, this method should be called `add`, with `TimeInterval` elided under the "omit needless words" rule of Swift API translation. (Or just call it `+=`, of course...)

URL NSURL
URLComponents NSURLComponents

Have you considered unifying these? NSURL has no mutable counterpart, but NSURLComponents sort of informally plays that role. As it is, it seems like URL would not really be able to support mutation very well—the operations would all be nonmutating under the hood.

Using Swift structures for our smallest types can be as effective as using tagged pointers in Objective-C.

Have you looked at the performance and size of your value type designs when they're made Optional? In the general case, Optional works by adding a tag byte after the wrapped instance, but for reference types it uses the 0x0 address instead. Thus, depending on how they're designed and where Swift is clever enough to find memory savings, these value types might end up taking more memory than the corresponding reference types when made Optional, particularly if the reference types have tagged pointer representations.

if !isUniquelyReferencedNonObjC(&_box) {

Something I have often wondered about: Why doesn't `isUniquelyReferenced(_:)` use `-retainCount` on Objective-C objects? Alternatively, why not use `-retainCount` on fields in your value types when you're trying to implement COW behavior? It seems like that would allow you to extend the copy-on-write mechanism to Objective-C objects. I know that `-retainCount` is usually not very useful, but surely this copy-on-write situation, where you are using it in an advisory fashion and an overestimated retain count will simply cause you to unnecessarily lose some efficiency, is the exception to the rule?

There are likely good reasons for this decision—they simply aren't obvious, and I'd like to understand them.

···

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies

<swift-evolution/proposals at master · apple/swift-evolution · GitHub
0069-swift-mutability-for-foundation.md>

The proposal looks great.

## Introduction

Broken link:

-- <Design and Development Videos - Apple Developer;
++ <WWDC15 - Videos - Apple Developer;

### New Value Types

CharacterSet:

* Rename to UnicodeScalarSet?
* Update APIs to follow SE-0059 (SetAlgebra) proposal?
* Add `enumerateRanges` method, similar to NSIndexSet?

-- Ben

There aren’t enough +1s in the world for this, I fully endorse your proposal and would like to subscribe to your newsletter ;)

Do you envision the apinotes will be the vehicle for performing the bridging since ObjectiveCBridgeable was deferred? I actually haven’t checked if that was merged but left as a private protocol or if it still only works in collections.

Russ

···

On Apr 22, 2016, at 10:18 AM, Tony Parker via swift-evolution <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:

Thanks,
- Tony

+1; way to go, Tony et al!

···

on Fri Apr 22 2016, Sean Heber <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:

l8r
Sean

As you know from our announcement of Swift Open Source and our work
on naming guidelines, one of our goals for Swift 3 is to “drop NS”
for Foundation. We want to to make the cross-platform Foundation API
that is available as part of swift-corelibs feel like it is not tied
to just Darwin targets. We also want to reinforce the idea that new
Foundation API must fit in with the language, standard library, and
the rapidly evolving design patterns we see in the community.

You challenged us on one part of this plan: some Foundation API just
doesn’t “feel Swifty”, and a large part of the reason why is that it
often does not have the same value type behavior as other Swift
types. We took this feedback seriously, and I would like to share
with you the start of an important journey for some of the most
commonly used APIs on all of our platforms: adopting value semantics
for key Foundation types.

We have been working on this for some time now, and the set of diffs
that result from this change is large. At this point, I am going to
focus effort on an overview of the high level goals and not the
individual API of each new type. In order to focus on delivering
something up to our quality standards, we are intentionally leaving
some class types as-is until a future proposal. If you don’t see
your favorite class on the list — don’t despair. We are going to
iterate on this over time. I see this as the start of the process.

One process note: we are still trying to figure out the best way to
integrate changes to API that ship as part of the operating system
(which includes Foundation) into the swift-evolution review
process. Swift-evolution is normally focused on changes to
functionality in the compiler or standard library. In general, I
don’t expect all new Foundation API introduced in the
Darwin/Objective-C framework to go through the open source
process. However, as we’ve brought up this topic here before, I felt
it was important to bring this particular change to the
swift-evolution list.

Thanks,
- Tony

--
Dave

Hi Nate,

This looks amazing—really looking forward to seeing the progression here!

I do have a question about how copy-on-write is handled for larger data types like Data (née NSData). The standard library types that can use bridged storage use immutable classes until there's a mutation, at which point the contents are copied into native storage. From then on (as long as the native storage is still uniquely referenced) the contents can be mutated in place without any copying.

With the proposed value semantics around an NSData instance, how do you handle that in-place mutation? When bridging from Objective-C to Swift, it sounds like you'll call copy() on an NSData instance. Does NSMutableData perform the role of the native storage when mutating? If so, is another copy needed when bridging a Data instance backed by NSMutableData back to NSData?

The proposal says: "For reference-holding types like Data, we simply pass our interior NSData pointer back to Objective-C. The underlying data is not copied at bridging time." If the Data instance is backed by NSMutableData, can we still successfully check for uniqueness once we pass it back to Objective-C?

Thanks!
Nate

In reality, the stored reference object is a Swift class with Swift-native ref counting that implements the methods of the Objective-C NSData “protocol” (the interface described by @interface NSData) by holding a “real” NSMutableData ivar and forwarding messages to it. This technique is actually already in use in the standard library.

Starts around here:

https://github.com/apple/swift/blob/master/stdlib/public/core/Runtime.swift.gyb#L497

and then look here:

and finally here:

This means that if an Objective-C client calls retain on this object (which is a _SwiftNativeNSData), it actually calls swift_retain, which mutates the Swift ref count. This means that a call to _isUniquelyReferencedNonObjC from Swift actually still works on this class type.

- Tony

···

On Apr 22, 2016, at 11:55 AM, Nate Cook <natecook@gmail.com> wrote:

On Apr 22, 2016, at 12:18 PM, Tony Parker via swift-evolution <swift-evolution@swift.org <mailto:swift-evolution@swift.org>> wrote:

Thanks,
- Tony

Hi David,

Comments:

- For Locale and Calendar, one possible Swift layout would be to synthesize a protocol and to use that to represent bridged API. You could then bridge inbound to either the immutable value type or the dynamic class-based type. On the swift side, these are constructed as two distinct types.

That’s an interesting approach, I’ll consider that for these.

- For any of these types, are there improvements (similar to String) which would be worth making before exposing ’the’ Swift type and API? The ones I’m specifically worried about are Date and URL, since I’ve seen so many standard language time and networking API show their age over time.

-DW

We’re absolutely going to be making Swift-specific improvements to many of these types. I think the resulting API is better in many ways. For example, on URL the main improvement is that the resource values dictionary is now struct type with a lot of strongly-typed properties. It’s still got a lot of optionals because of the way that the underlying fetch works, but it’s better. Date gains mutating methods along with support for operators like += and < >.

One of the guiding principles of our effort was evolution over revolution. Foundation is obviously used in tons and tons of API. We want to maintain conceptual compatibility with the entire OS X / iOS / watchOS / tvOS SDK when it is imported into Swift. Hopefully this also means that converting from reference to value types in your own uses of these API does not require a complete rethink of how you use them, but still provide the benefits outlined in the proposal. We’ll continue to iterate and improve over time.

Thanks,

- Tony

···

On Apr 22, 2016, at 12:13 PM, David Waite <david@alkaline-solutions.com> wrote:

On Apr 22, 2016, at 11:18 AM, Tony Parker via swift-evolution <swift-evolution@swift.org <mailto:swift-evolution@swift.org>> wrote:

Thanks,
- Tony

Very happy to see this proposal; felt strange that for a language so focused on value-types an entire framework open sourced with the language was composed entirely of reference-types (albeit for obvious reasons). So +1 for that.

One particular section that caught my interest was this:

The most obvious drawback to using a struct is that the type can no longer be subclassed. At first glance, this would seem to prevent the customization of behavior of these types. However, by publicizing the reference type and providing a mechanism to wrap it (mySubclassInstance as ValueType), we enable subclasses to provide customized behavior.

I'm incredibly biased, but I recently proposed and submitted a pull request that would introduce "factory initializers" to the language (https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/pull/247\). The full proposal has more info, but essentially factory initializers would allow for directly returning initialized types from designated factory initializers, similar to how initializers are implemented in Objective-C.

Anyway, I feel the Factory Initializer proposal would work very well with this Foundation proposal. While I believe the current suggestion of casting the reference type as the value type works well, I don't believe it is necessarily the client of the API's job to use it; I believe it would make far more sense for there to be an extension adding additional factory initializers to the class, which would determine the underlying reference type to use based on the input parameters.

For example, here is the example of using a custom subclass for the Data type mentioned in this Foundation proposal:

/// Create a Data with a custom backing reference type.
class MyData : NSData { }
let dataReference = MyData()
let dataValue = dataReference as Data // dataValue copies dataReference

I personally would rather see something akin to this:

public extension Data {
  factory init(inputData: ...)
  {
    if ... {
      // Return subclass best suited for storing this particular input data
      return MyData(inputData) as Data
    }
    else {
      let data = NSData()

/* OMITTED: add hypothetical inputData to NSData depending on what it is */

return data
}

This means the client of the API never has to worry about which subclass is best suited for them; everything would "just work". This also better mimics the existing class cluster pattern in Foundation, which might help with this transition should my proposal be accepted.

Regardless though, very happy to see this being pushed forward. Just thought I'd suggest ways to make this proposal (hopefully) easier to both implement and use :)

···

On Apr 22, 2016, at 12:52 PM, Tony Parker via swift-evolution <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:

Hi David,

On Apr 22, 2016, at 12:13 PM, David Waite <david@alkaline-solutions.com> wrote:

Comments:

That’s an interesting approach, I’ll consider that for these.

-DW

We’re absolutely going to be making Swift-specific improvements to many of these types. I think the resulting API is better in many ways. For example, on URL the main improvement is that the resource values dictionary is now struct type with a lot of strongly-typed properties. It’s still got a lot of optionals because of the way that the underlying fetch works, but it’s better. Date gains mutating methods along with support for operators like += and < >.

One of the guiding principles of our effort was evolution over revolution. Foundation is obviously used in tons and tons of API. We want to maintain conceptual compatibility with the entire OS X / iOS / watchOS / tvOS SDK when it is imported into Swift. Hopefully this also means that converting from reference to value types in your own uses of these API does not require a complete rethink of how you use them, but still provide the benefits outlined in the proposal. We’ll continue to iterate and improve over time.

Thanks,

- Tony

On Apr 22, 2016, at 11:18 AM, Tony Parker via swift-evolution <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:

Thanks,
- Tony

On the one hand I like the idea (and particularly like the foundation types having meaningful `mutating` annotations, loosely speaking).

On the other hand I have two questions:

1. will the NS types actually remain visible/usable (on supported platforms, perhaps requiring a specific import to become visible)?

NSData will still exist and be available (as will NSMutableData) on all platforms including swift-corelibs versions; there are still some reasons to have reference semantics from time to time hence why the proposal did not take away any of them.

2. does this include — or are their separate plans for — exposing the backing reference type in some principled way?

`as` cast will grant a reference type, but of course this has a potential of a copy semantic. A direct access to the underlying box that contains the object would be dangerous; in that references passed around for that container would be beyond the scope of data’s control (Tony might be able to speak on this a bit more than myself)

The structure may later drop it’s reference to that object and construct a new version upon mutation etc.

For (2.) what I mean is something like having at least the heavyweight thing like `Data` (and ideally also Array/Set/Dictionary/IndexSet, etc.) have matching-API reference types like `DataRef` in the standard library.

let dataStructure = Data(bytes: someBytes, count: 5)
let dataReference = dataStructure as NSData // this is a reference version of the structural container, but you should not count on the identity since the structure could mutate out and replace the backing storage.

···

On Apr 22, 2016, at 1:53 PM, plx via swift-evolution <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:

I think this has come up before at some point, but if it did I didn’t follow it.

My interest in (1.) is mostly b/c I suspect the answer to (2.) is “no”.

Apologies if these are alrexdy-addressedd and I just missed it.

On Apr 22, 2016, at 12:18 PM, Tony Parker via swift-evolution <swift-evolution@swift.org <mailto:swift-evolution@swift.org>> wrote:

Thanks,
- Tony

Hi Jose,

Hi Tony,

Would value types like NSDateFormatterStyle or NSCalendarUnit etc get renamed with out `NS` in Swift ?

This, we are still iterating on in our team. I hope to have an update on that soon.

Would supporting classes to NSDate like NSDateComponents NSDateFormatter etc also get value semantics?

Thank you!

NSDateComponents will, but I forgot to put it on the list! Thanks for noticing that. I will fix it.

NSDateFormatter will remain a class type, at least for now. Formatters are part of a public class hierarchy (inheriting from NSFormatter), so if we want to turn them into value types I think we’ll need some additional motivation to change their API surface in this way.

Thanks,
- Tony

···

On Apr 22, 2016, at 2:53 PM, Jose Cheyo Jimenez <cheyo@masters3d.com> wrote:

On Apr 22, 2016, at 10:18 AM, Tony Parker via swift-evolution <swift-evolution@swift.org <mailto:swift-evolution@swift.org>> wrote:

Thanks,
- Tony

Not necessarily. Foundation often has less overhead than CF nowadays.

···

On Apr 22, 2016, at 2:36 PM, Charles Srstka via swift-evolution <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:

One comment:

"In the most common case where a developer does not provide a custom reference type, then the backing store is our existing NSData and NSMutableData implementations. This consolidates logic into one place and provides cheap bridging in many cases (see Bridging for more information).”

Would it not be more efficient to bridge to the C-based CFData and CFMutableData implementations instead, to avoid the object overhead?

--
Greg Parker gparker@apple.com <mailto:gparker@apple.com> Runtime Wrangler

One comment:

Actually it is often the case that the NS counterparts are faster than the CF versions (data being one of them).

···

On Apr 22, 2016, at 2:36 PM, Charles Srstka via swift-evolution <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:

Charles

Thanks,
- Tony

Just my thoughts :-) Great! Swift is moving forward and personally I like the direction!

···

On 22.04.2016 21:04, Sean Heber via swift-evolution wrote:

l8r
Sean

Thanks,
- Tony