Master branch not compiling


(Mohit Athwani) #1

Hello,
I fetched updates from upstream into my forked and cloned repository and
tried to compile for linux_1604 and the compile fails with error: no
matching constructor for initialization of swift::TypeAliasDecl

Wondering if anybody else is facing this issue. This is the master branch
btw

Cheers!
Mohit


(Greg Parker) #2

IIRC there was a temporary problem here a few days ago. Does it still fail if you pull changes from today's master?

···

On Feb 20, 2017, at 12:56 PM, Mohit Athwani via swift-users <swift-users@swift.org> wrote:

Hello,
I fetched updates from upstream into my forked and cloned repository and tried to compile for linux_1604 and the compile fails with error: no matching constructor for initialization of swift::TypeAliasDecl

Wondering if anybody else is facing this issue. This is the master branch btw

--
Greg Parker gparker@apple.com <mailto:gparker@apple.com> Runtime Wrangler


(Mohit Athwani) #3

Just pulled and merged and same problem!

Cheers!

···

--
Mohit Athwani
http://about.me/mohitathwani

On Feb 20, 2017, 3:04 PM -0800, Greg Parker <gparker@apple.com>, wrote:

> On Feb 20, 2017, at 12:56 PM, Mohit Athwani via swift-users <swift-users@swift.org (mailto:swift-users@swift.org)> wrote:
> Hello,
> I fetched updates from upstream into my forked and cloned repository and tried to compile for linux_1604 and the compile fails with error: no matching constructor for initialization of swift::TypeAliasDecl
>
> Wondering if anybody else is facing this issue. This is the master branch btw
IIRC there was a temporary problem here a few days ago. Does it still fail if you pull changes from today's master?

--
Greg Parker gparker@apple.com (mailto:gparker@apple.com) Runtime Wrangler


(Alex Blewitt) #4

The LLDB master still fails to build and has been failing for the last 11 days on Linux:

https://ci.swift.org/job/oss-lldb-incremental-linux-ubuntu-16_04/
https://ci.swift.org/job/oss-lldb-incremental-linux-ubuntu-16_10/

When you run 'update-checkout --reset-to-master' it will pull in the failing commit for lldb.

The Swift package only builds because it's using a pinned version of lldb corresponding to commit bdf3964387c993cefc4c0c5afed31fd5a9957f6d

https://ci.swift.org/job/oss-swift-package-linux-ubuntu-16_04/ws/lldb/.git/HEAD/view/

It looks like the swift-lldb checkout is using the 'stable' branch rather than 'master'. If you try resetting that to your lldb checkout it may work.

Alex

···

On 21 Feb 2017, at 00:49, Mohit Athwani via swift-users <swift-users@swift.org> wrote:

Just pulled and merged and same problem!

Cheers!

--
Mohit Athwani
http://about.me/mohitathwani

On Feb 20, 2017, 3:04 PM -0800, Greg Parker <gparker@apple.com>, wrote:

On Feb 20, 2017, at 12:56 PM, Mohit Athwani via swift-users <swift-users@swift.org <mailto:swift-users@swift.org>> wrote:

Hello,
I fetched updates from upstream into my forked and cloned repository and tried to compile for linux_1604 and the compile fails with error: no matching constructor for initialization of swift::TypeAliasDecl

Wondering if anybody else is facing this issue. This is the master branch btw

IIRC there was a temporary problem here a few days ago. Does it still fail if you pull changes from today's master?

--
Greg Parker gparker@apple.com <mailto:gparker@apple.com> Runtime Wrangler

_______________________________________________
swift-users mailing list
swift-users@swift.org
https://lists.swift.org/mailman/listinfo/swift-users