Learning Swift, and Using Xcode

I am new to swift, and I would like to learn how to code swift. Does Xcode have an integrated tutorial for that? Or are there other places to learn? Do you have any tips for me and anyone else having trouble starting out?

Update:

I am looking at Xcode, and how to download it. I am confused, as there are two places to get it. In the app store, or off the Apple Developers website. Any tips?

Thank you.

1 Like

Welcome, Zews! A good place to start is Apple's developer site on Swift: Swift - Apple Developer

They specifically suggest learning Swift using Swift Playgrounds on the iPad: Swift Playgrounds - Apple Developer

I've run through a bunch of the exercises, and they're a really nice way to learn the basics. If it's just Swift you'd like to learn, I think this is a great place to start.

3 Likes

Same question for me, I already know basic, C and Java but it's about 10 or more years that I don't write a line of code. Playgrounds seems too easy (many concept that I already know) and the language guide on docs.swift.org teach the syntax but not how to create an app from Xcode like the old FoodTracker project. Some more suggestions?
thanks!