Just lost `regular` level again, why?

cc @John_McCall, you said in the other post that I should be far away from loosing the regular level. Mind if you pin my account again? I can‘t moderate forum posts and help cleaning up things.

3 Likes

The requirements are listed here.

For reasons that make no sense to me, Discourse forums automatically demote people who haven’t met a list of 7 requirements in the last 100 days.

I would strongly support pushback by our forum admins to encourage Discourse to introduce a “never automatically demote anyone” option that admins can choose.

4 Likes

Bumping this thread again. cc @forum_admins

I've been more or less silently moderating posts on the forums for years now. Fixing titles, moving threads into appropriate categories & tagging. However I lost the regular level the second time now, maybe because I didn't spend time to :heart: some posts that I read or for whatever other metrics the level algorithm can demote you.

1 Like

Slightly confused. Was I now pinned back to regular or did I already leveled up again? :thinking:

I pinned you back to regular.

1 Like

Thank you, I really appreciate that.

I’ve been affected by this as well now. Since I haven’t been actively posting as much as I used to, my trust level has dropped to “member”. Would it be possible to get pinned at “regular”?

1 Like

Sure, done.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Is there a place to see the specific metric causing the change? I’ve been back and forth a few times between regular and member and I’ve seen on the Discourse website where it tells you the various things that combine to get you to the different levels, but I haven’t seen anything that tells you where you’ve “fallen short” to go back to member again.