Attendees: @tomerd, @ktoso, @0xTim, @tachyonics, @patrick, @kmahar, @adam-fowler, @graskind
Note: skipping @patrick as notes taker has he needs to leave early
- @tomerd continuing work on getting community survey published
- @graskind - Fluent code generation
@adam-fowler working on Self hosting VSCode swift dev-container template
- have a template set up
- asked MS if looks fine
- we must have a github action though
- there is a process outside github actions
- @FranzBusch to start a thread with a list of things missing from Swift on the server
- @ktoso to review and test out Swift plugin for API Gateway.
- @0xTim to file issues in swift-docc repo around features Vapor would need to fully adopt it
@FranzBusch are you using CPU use from inside your application?
- so that the metric is specific to given app, not overall system load
- everyone: not really, just system metrics
- Franz may look into this a bit more
@FranzBusch change to SPM was merged; we now can Vend binary artifact bundles as products.
- spm target that is backed by a binary; so we can vend protoc now :party:
@FranzBusch ServiceLifecycle thoughts, we likely want to discuss it after Cory's conference talk is publicly available and write a follow up blog
- @ktoso Disgarding Task Groups [SE-0381: discardResults for TaskGroups - #37 by ktoso 1](Evolution review)
- review is finishing
- it avoids memory leaks and helps in RPC servers etc.
@tomerd and @patrick to work out moving Swiftly to swift-server org and getting CI setup
- waiting on patrick to give the go-ahead, after some last polish
- Matias from Canonical talked with Tom and Ted at the conference. Running into similar issues. Look for a clean solution for clang and llvm forks. Potentially have a meeting after some progress on this
- @davmoser to publish 26th notes
- @tachyonics to setup next middleware meeting after sufficient progress
- @0xTim to investigate slim containers based on Canonical's work
- 2023 goals as topic for next meeting
- Distributed actors proposal to be accepted
Frameworks in 2023
- Server lifecycle - investigation required with discarding task groups when they are available
- Middleware - meeting after some progress
- Vapor is investigating how to move to using Concurrency constructs internally without breaking API
- ready for v1.0
- work is proceeding at BrokenHands, release in next month or so.
- Work is proceeding on additional guides including getting started with your first Vapor app