iOS target generation

I know iOS doesn’t support Swift 3 snapshots, but I’m wondering if it’s possible to compile Swift 2.2 targeting iOS with SwiftPM. If not, do we have to wait for iOS support for Swift 3 snapshots or something? In general I’m curious about SwiftPM and iOS.

Cheers,
Paulo

There isn't a great workflow for this currently, but what you can do currently is use SwiftPM's ability to generate an Xcode project, and then use that project directly.

This requires, of course, that all the packages you use work with Swift 2.2.

- Daniel

···

On May 26, 2016, at 12:44 PM, Paulo Faria via swift-build-dev <swift-build-dev@swift.org> wrote:

I know iOS doesn’t support Swift 3 snapshots, but I’m wondering if it’s possible to compile Swift 2.2 targeting iOS with SwiftPM. If not, do we have to wait for iOS support for Swift 3 snapshots or something? In general I’m curious about SwiftPM and iOS.

Cheers,
Paulo

Are there any plans for a proper workflow? I wish to contribute if we have a direction.

···

On May 26, 2016, at 4:47 PM, Daniel Dunbar <daniel_dunbar@apple.com> wrote:

There isn't a great workflow for this currently, but what you can do currently is use SwiftPM's ability to generate an Xcode project, and then use that project directly.

This requires, of course, that all the packages you use work with Swift 2.2.

- Daniel

On May 26, 2016, at 12:44 PM, Paulo Faria via swift-build-dev <swift-build-dev@swift.org> wrote:

Cheers,
Paulo