swiftbox is a simple and lightweight Swift toolchain quick installation and management tool. It will keep updating to support any Linux distribution that is supported by Swift officially.
In v0.10, swiftbox finally supports all theses Linux distributions the same as Swift.org:
- RedHat Enterprise Linux (treated as CentOS);
- Amazon Linux.
It includes the following functionalities:
- Lookup availability of Swift releases;
- Lookup Swift nightly build status;
- Install any supported Swift releases;
- Install the latest available nightly build;
- Switch between Swift toolchains (requires a restart of shell);
- Quick update to the latest version.
swiftbox can be the easiest way for Linux users of these platforms to try Swift. Welcome for PRs and issues.
swiftbox is a single-file shell script, which makes it extremely lightweight and portable. Besides, it only uses resources from swift.org, which is always up-to-date and trustworthy.
P.S. I'll try to deploy
shim strategy in the upcoming
0.x simply uses
PATH which has some restrictions on switching.