Including `FileCheck` in downloadable toolchains

Hi all,

I would like to propose that we include `FileCheck` in the downloadable toolchains.

The downloadable toolchains are quite useful for people who are wanting to work on Swift projects that use FileCheck (llbuild, swift-integration-tests), but don't want to build everything from scratch. I would suggest it be located in '/usr/local/bin', to give some indication that it is a tool somewhat internal to the project.

Any objections? The gzipped tool comes to around 150KB, which is a drop in the bucket of our current ~200MB archives.

- Daniel

Hi all,

I would like to propose that we include `FileCheck` in the downloadable
toolchains.

The downloadable toolchains are quite useful for people who are wanting
to work on Swift projects that use FileCheck (llbuild,
swift-integration-tests), but don't want to build everything from
scratch. I would suggest it be located in '/usr/local/bin', to give some
indication that it is a tool somewhat internal to the project.

Any objections? The gzipped tool comes to around 150KB, which is a drop
in the bucket of our current ~200MB archives.

- Daniel

:raised_hands:

No objections from me. I have actually thought this same thing many
times before.

···

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016, at 12:28 AM, Daniel Dunbar via swift-dev wrote:

SGTM

···

On Apr 21, 2016, at 9:28 PM, Daniel Dunbar via swift-dev <swift-dev@swift.org> wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to propose that we include `FileCheck` in the downloadable toolchains.

The downloadable toolchains are quite useful for people who are wanting to work on Swift projects that use FileCheck (llbuild, swift-integration-tests), but don't want to build everything from scratch. I would suggest it be located in '/usr/local/bin', to give some indication that it is a tool somewhat internal to the project.

Any objections? The gzipped tool comes to around 150KB, which is a drop in the bucket of our current ~200MB archives.

- Daniel