The topic of compilers was really new to me but I wanted to be a Swift contributor. So, I started learning more about how compilers work and try to solve a couple of StarterBugs.
I watched a lot of talks that helped me a lot to understand compilers better and especially those that are related to contributing to Swift, so I wanted to share them with you to help newcomers like me and if anyone has any talks or tips that are recommended, please share them in the comments. :))
- What is LLVM? What Makes Swift Possible?
- Contributing to Swift Compiler
- try! Swift Tokyo 2016 - Contributing to Open Source Swift
- Harlan Haskins & Robert Widmann - Becoming An Effective Contributor to Swift
- Contributing to Swift for the First Time - Robert Pieta
- Compilers Aren't Magic, So Let's Build One in Swift
- Contributing to Swift — Part 1 by @suyashsrijan
- Contributing to Swift — Part 2 by @suyashsrijan
- Getting Started with Swift Compiler Development by @Varun_Gandhi
- Wrokflow tips by @codafi
Thank you all for this great community and good luck fixing bugs :)