I'm not sure how to contribute a PR. Could you please help me?

Hello, I am "Kobe" from South Korea, currently studying Swift and iOS development.

(I chose the nickname Kobe because I'm a big fan of the basketball player Kobe Bryant.)

I have a question regarding whether I need to reopen a pull request (PR).

I had two modifications to make, so I went through the process of opening and closing the PR twice.

However, I received feedback that this wasn't necessary.

So, this time, I just sent the PR to my main branch and merged it.

Is this the correct approach?

Or should I have sent the PR to the main branch of the Swift Repository and kept it open?

I've read the documentation but still find it a bit confusing.

I hope you have a happy day today.

With sincerity from Korea,

Kobe.

1 Like

Hi Kobe - μŠ€μœ„ν”„νŠΈ ν¬λŸΌμ„ ν™˜μ˜ν•©λ‹ˆλ‹€! Welcome to the Swift forums!

It sounds like you'll need to re-open a PR with your change (or perhaps open a new one, if you merged the existing one already), since your own main branch is separate from the main branch of the Swift repository.

When you have an open PR, you can make changes to the files by pushing a new commit to that same branch. If you're making changes directly on GitHub, you'll need to get set up with git or a Git client on your own computer to do that.

This looks like a helpful post that might help you get set up: How to update your PR on GitHub | ffeathers

3 Likes

Hello Nate, I am deeply touched by your welcoming greeting.

Your kind responses have helped me grow one step further today.

It brings me great happiness to acquire knowledge here every day and to engage in conversations with various people.

Especially during these exchanges, your incredibly kind attitude always moves me.

I was truly touched by your greeting in Korean.

Your single phrase has filled my day with happiness, and I am very grateful for it.

Thank you so much for your response.

I pray from Korea, hoping that every day of yours is filled with happiness, with all my sincerity.

Sincerely, Kobe.

4 Likes