How do I update checkout swift-5.4.2 Release?

Hey folks, I know that there is a way to update checkout by passing a scheme like below:

./utils/update-checkout --scheme release/5.4

However, we are missing an entry for Swift 5.4.2 in update-checkout-config.json. Is there a different way to update checkout that everyone else uses?

However, we are missing an entry for Swift 5.4.2 in update-checkout-config.json .

Point releases are made from the same branch. For example, the latest commit on the 5.4 branch was to bump the version to 5.4.2. bump version to 5.4.2 by shahmishal · Pull Request #38027 · apple/swift · GitHub

There is a scheme for release/5.4, so you can use that.

Is there a different way to update checkout that everyone else uses?

Not sure who you are referring to in "everyone" -- is it (most) Swift developers or is it (most) Swift toolchain developers? For the latter, most people working on the toolchain work on main, and at the moment, some changes need to be cherry-picked to release/5.5. For the toolchain in Xcode 13 beta, that is based off release/5.5, and the toolchain in Xcode 12.x is based off release/5.4.

1 Like

By everyone, I meant (most) Swift toolchain developers. This answers my question. Thanks.

If you specifically want the swift-5.4.2 release you need to checkout using --tag instead of --scheme.
./utils/update-checkout --tag swift-5.4.2-RELEASE

4 Likes