GSOC Project. Increase differentiable programming’s language coverage

Hello @rxwei

My name is Emmanuel, and I am currently studying Computer Engineering and Computer Science at the University of West Attica.

I find this project to be interesting because I have a passion for calculus and for math in general. I have some knowledge of the front-end part, which would include HTML, CSS, and JS.

I would appreciate it if you could give me some information about the project, and about the level that I should have in the required skills.

Take Care!

2 Likes

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for reaching out! Do you have any prior exposure to compilers, or have you taken any compiler coursework? Any exposure to compiled programming languages such as C++? The differentiable programming project is mostly a very compiler-intensive task. In order to make sure that reasonable milestones can be delivered in this project, I'm afraid that it will require at least some of the above background.

Let me know. Thanks for your interest, and I would be more than happy to help with any starter tasks for differentiable programming, regardless of whether you are participating in a GSoC project.

-Richard

1 Like

Hey @rxwei !

Thank you for answering! I have a good understanding of C, I know how to use pointers, functions, structures, and I also have a number of projects on my GitHub page. If you want to take a look the link is here GitHub - Manuell91/C: 1st semester lesson

I am currently studying C++. I haven't done any big project on it yet, but it is going to happen within the next few weeks.

As far as compilers are concerned, I have been using dev-C++, and CLion.

If you need my CV at any point, feel free to ask for it.

Take care
-Emmanuel

1 Like