Gsoc 2022

Hello Swift Community!
I am interested to be a part of GSoC Swift Organisation. I wanted to know what topics should one be familiar with in order to do GSoC projects. What are the prerequisites?

The Projects do change every year but there must be some must-have knowledge in order to contribute. Like acc to one previous year project, one should have knowledge in data structures and algorithms in swift.

PREREQUISITES:
Task 1: One should know git/github, swift language.(basic thing)

Please append this list.
This would also be helpful for students who will be a part of swift community in future.:star_struck:
please guide. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Task 2: Deep dive into swift.

I found this book helpful for learning standard library, API Design, functional reactive programming and much more. Expert Swift | raywenderlich.com

Swift forum have a page for Standard Library in development section. You can help others there and ask questions.

@Shilpee Could you provide me with your Email address ?

You can dm me on swift forum.
You can ask your doubts here too, it'll help others who are in same boat as you.

I will try to answer as per my knowledge while you can also get help from other seniors by creating a post.

Can you please help out with how to apply for GSOC 2022 for swift?

HII @DevGautam2000
You can actually refer to the GSoC website for this and watch some YouTube videos if you still don't understand it.
To get involved in the community and getting started with contribution, I think this post sums it well.

PS: I hold no authority in saying this and I might be wrong. This is just my personal opinion.

Sure, thank you very much for the path.

We haven't announced our participation in GSoC this year yet.

Organizations participating in GSoC are announced March 7th -- you can read about this on the summer of code site: Google Summer of Code