Generated .swiftinterface has wrong content?

I compile RxSwift (v5.0.1) on Xcode 11 beta7 with flags

-enable-library-evolution -emit-parseable-module-interface-path $(BUILT_PRODUCTS_DIR)/arm64.swiftinterface

to get a stable module interface. Then I import the generated arm64.swiftinterface file and the .a to another demo project, I got a compile error.

(update: I also used BUILD_LIBRARY_FOR_DISTRIBUTION flag method, and still got the same result. The detail steps are describe in the reply)

I wonder it may be a bug of compiler. The generated swiftinterface have the wrong content. When I add the missing init() method in the generated swiftinterface file, It runs correctly.

The header in the swiftinterface file:

// swift-interface-format-version: 1.0
// swift-compiler-version: Apple Swift version 5.1 (swiftlang-1100.0.266.1 clang-1100.0.32.1)
// swift-module-flags: -target arm64-apple-ios8.0 -enable-objc-interop -enable-library-evolution -swift-version 5 -enforce-exclusivity=checked -O -module-name RxSwift

The RxSwift source code

/// Base class for all disposables.
public class DisposeBase {
    init() {
#if TRACE_RESOURCES
    _ = Resources.incrementTotal()
#endif
    }

deinit {
#if TRACE_RESOURCES
    _ = Resources.decrementTotal()
#endif
    }
}

public final class DisposeBag: DisposeBase {

private var _lock = SpinLock()

// state
    fileprivate var _disposables = [Disposable]()
    fileprivate var _isDisposed = false

/// Constructs new empty dispose bag.
    public override init() {
        super.init()
    }

This is at least one bug and possibly two. DisposeBase doesn't have a public init, and so calling DisposeBag's init an override is incorrect from outside the module. However, I'm not sure we actually implement this correctly (where calling DisposeBag's init from a convenience initializer works without being able to see DisposeBase's init), so the broken interface is potentially protecting you from this issue.

We have a Radar for this already, but no Jira. Mind filing one? (https://bugs.swift.org)

cc @harlanhaskins, @Slava_Pestov

I tested serval libraries and found it pretty common to get an error:

• correct: lottie-ios, SnapKit
  • got errors: Alamofire, SwiftyJSON, RxSwift

Here's a detail description to reproduce the errors:

1. generate a project with a framework target with cocoapods (you can use pod try XXX).
  2. set the build settings of framework target: build library for distribution to YES
  3. build the framework and got the framework file. Delete the the .swiftmodule files in the framework.
  4. make a new blank iOS demo project, and import the framework we modified last step, and add the import XXX in source files
  5. build and got errors

jira bug https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-11422

Terms of Service

Privacy Policy

Cookie Policy