Foundation on Windows (CI/Nightlies)

windows
foundation
(Saleem Abdulrasool) #1

Here by popular demand, Foundation on Windows, built "continuously"!

I have finished improving the build rules for the Windows build so that the Azure hosts can have automated builds of Foundation for Windows. These builds are scheduled to run "nightly". Furthermore, assuming that the Windows build remains green, I have configured the builds to be triggered on the toolchain build (so, roughly once ~90m). This at least gets a starting point for the SDK.

Hopefully, I will get some time to setup MSIs for this build as well so that Foundation would also be available in a convenient MSI form.

The Windows SDK (which currently builds libdispatch, libxml2, libcurl, and Foundation) is available here: https://dev.azure.com/compnerd/windows-swift/_build?definitionId=2.

As usual, help to improve this is welcome.

CC: @millenomi @Michael_Gottesman @tkremenek

18 Likes
(Pedro José Pereira Vieito) #2

That's great, thanks, @compnerd!

(Alexey Lysenko) #3

such a great news! :star_struck:

(Saleem Abdulrasool) #4

I believe that the issue was reported by you and @pvieito that the import library for Foundation is not preserved. The install rules for Foundation now handles that properly. I've verified that the SDK image (not a MSI :slightly_frowning_face:) from the Windows SDK build contains the import library. The rest of the Foundation image has been tweaked to install the pieces to the right location for Windows as well (i.e. dlls in the binary directory). This should be ready for use barring bugs in Foundation itself, which I'm still trying to work through.

Additional hands on Foundation are welcome :wink:

2 Likes