Attendees: @graskind, @0xTim, @johannesweiss, @ktoso, @tomerd, @tachyonics, @varland, @kmahar
- MongoDB team will need a connection pool soon for driver rewrite in Swift
- We discussed an SSWG connection pool project in the past, should we revisit?
- Relevant discussion in Generic Connection Pool
- Some use cases have a lot of specific needs that may be challenging to satisfy all of at once, e.g. MongoDB, SQLite
- Risks of such a project: making it too generic to actually be useful, getting too much in the weeds of specific use cases. Is there enough in common in the center/across use cases to make this valuable?
- Let's get everyone who is interested in this together. We will figure out async an upcoming SSWG meeting to bring in some guests to discuss: Cory (Apple), Patrick (MongoDB), Joannis (OpenKitten), Nathan (RediStack) (@0xTim can reach out to the latter two)
Swift images on Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR)
- Should there be Swift images on Amazon ECR, rather than just on Docker?
- This would make things easier for AWS users
- Note it looks like there are already some images on there from a user: ECR Public Gallery
SwiftPM Extensible Build Tools Pitch
- Thread: Pitch: SwiftPM Extensible Build Tools
- This would enable performing a variety of custom actions during a build, for example codegen
- Initial proposal is rather minimal but with ability for extensions later on
- Would be great to get feedback from the SSWG and server-side community in general