I've noticed that this failed PR:
Provides either a solution or a workaround for all of these open bugs:
* [SR-397] Linux - module using <dispatch/dispatch.h> does not compile cleanly with "swift build" · Issue #5437 · apple/swift-package-manager · GitHub
* [SR-415] blocks support in external c libraries disabled · Issue #5436 · apple/swift-package-manager · GitHub (possible dupe of SR-397)
* [SR-235] The package manager fails to link C static libraries · Issue #5439 · apple/swift-package-manager · GitHub
* [SR-145] Need a way to add include paths in modulemap · Issue #42767 · apple/swift · GitHub
* [SR-83] Can't link to UUID library · Issue #5334 · apple/swift-package-manager · GitHub
Can we resurrect this PR, possibly with a deprecation warning discouraging the feature's use, so as to mitigate fully 20% of the open SwiftPM bugs?
I understand the motivation why not to have this feature, but I think it may provide an effective bandaid while we are focusing on other things (testing).