Exporting OSLogEntryLog array in iOS as Log Archive to be opened in the Console

We're currently switching from the outdated XCGLogger to OSLog for logging in our iOS app. I managed to retrieve and export the logs as a simple string. However, I was wondering if there is a way to format the exported file in a way that it will be readable by the Console as a Log Archive. I can open the current file as well, but it won't give me the same filter and search options as a properly formatted Log Archive. Does anyone have an idea on how to either format the string output so it will be recognized as a Log Archive or is there an automated way to do so?

I was wondering if there is a way to format the exported file in a way
that it will be readable by the Console as a Log Archive.

There is not. Log archives have a complex private structure and there are no APIs or tools to construct them from scratch.

ps Apple system log infrastructure isn’t really on-topic for Swift Forums, where the focus is on Swift the language. If you have follow-up questions, I recommend you ask them over an Apple Developer Forums. Tag your thread with OSLog so that I see it.

pps You might find the various hints and tips in Your Friend the System Log helpful.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ DTS @ Apple

3 Likes