Error: Mixing symbol graph files with and without extension declarations is not supported

I'm using Xcode 15b7 today, and tried to build the documentation for my project (a Vapor package project). I get the following error (which I don't get in Xcode 14). I took a look at the files, but can't tell what it's complaining about. Both have reference to "swiftExtension", but I really don't know what it’s getting at.

I've filed feedback with Apple, although I suppose I should file it with DocC (wait, is this something you can build from the Swift command line, without Xcode?).

Is there anything I can change in FluentKit to work around this?

Showing All Messages
CompileDocumentation /Users/rmann/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/controller-agczhmlpsydpwwbvqfheboxbfzdh/SourcePackages/checkouts/fluent-kit/Sources/FluentKit/Docs.docc (in target 'FluentKit' from project 'fluent-kit')
    cd /Users/rmann/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/controller-agczhmlpsydpwwbvqfheboxbfzdh/SourcePackages/checkouts/fluent-kit
    /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/docc convert --index --fallback-display-name FluentKit --fallback-bundle-identifier FluentKit --fallback-bundle-version 0 --output-dir /Users/rmann/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/controller-agczhmlpsydpwwbvqfheboxbfzdh/Build/Products/Debug/FluentKit.doccarchive --ide-console-output --diagnostics-file /Users/rmann/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/controller-agczhmlpsydpwwbvqfheboxbfzdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/fluent-kit.build/Debug/FluentKit.build/FluentKit-diagnostics.json /Users/rmann/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/controller-agczhmlpsydpwwbvqfheboxbfzdh/SourcePackages/checkouts/fluent-kit/Sources/FluentKit/Docs.docc --additional-symbol-graph-dir /Users/rmann/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/controller-agczhmlpsydpwwbvqfheboxbfzdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/fluent-kit.build/Debug/FluentKit.build/symbol-graph

Error: Mixing symbol graph files with and without extension declarations is not supported.

Symbol graph files with extension declarations:
file:///Users/rmann/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/controller-agczhmlpsydpwwbvqfheboxbfzdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/fluent-kit.build/Debug/FluentKit.build/symbol-graph/swift/arm64-apple-macos/FluentKit@Foundation.symbols.json
file:///Users/rmann/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/controller-agczhmlpsydpwwbvqfheboxbfzdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/fluent-kit.build/Debug/FluentKit.build/symbol-graph/swift/arm64-apple-macos/FluentKit@Swift.symbols.json
Symbol graph files without extension declarations:
file:///Users/rmann/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/controller-agczhmlpsydpwwbvqfheboxbfzdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/fluent-kit.build/Debug/FluentKit.build/symbol-graph/swift/arm64-apple-macos/FluentKit@Logging.symbols.json
Command CompileDocumentation failed with a nonzero exit code

Command CompileDocumentation failed with a nonzero exit code
3 Likes

I'm running into the same issue trying to generate docs from Xcode Version 15.0.1 (15A507). Have you been able to build docs on a vapor project with fluent-kit, @JetForMe?

I'm able to manually build the docs using GitHub - apple/swift-docc-plugin: Swift Package Manager command plugin for Swift-DocC from Terminal but not from Xcode, there I get the same error.

This error was removed last year. This change is included in the 5.10 release.