Create sticky to remind people to retest bugs with new Swift releases

After every release I go to bugs.swift.org and check all the old bugs I filed with newly released versions. I just closed 3 old bugs and I am pretty sure a ton of bugs reported by other people can be closed as well. The ever growing number of bugs is bound to become a graveyard of good intentions otherwise I'd say.

It would be great if we could have some forum-wide sticky note that reminds people to do that as well. It makes the core team's life a bit easier I guess. And if it only leads to 20 closed bugs that's better than none.

I am also a bit sad whenever I see the growing number of pull requests on the main Swift repo and after browsing to the last page it seems there is an ever growing graveyard of stuff that is unmaintained and will never be of value anymore. So it would be nice to clean up there as well.

/cc @tkremenek

2 Likes

I know I might sound like a broken record, but Swift 4.2 fixed so many outstanding bugs I had on bugs.swift.org that I really think it would be a good idea to somehow remind people that it is a great time now to recheck their bugs on Jira. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That's a good idea. We could also remind people here on the forums.