Constant bugs with LLDB

We have constant bugs with LLDB where we can't get the value of a variable, due to the error:

error: virtual filesystem overlay file '/Users/jenkins/Library/Caches/org.carthage.CarthageKit/DerivedData/12.3_12C33/DrawAction/v4.2/Build/Intermediates.noindex/DrawAction.build/Release-iphonesimulator/DrawAction.build/all-product-headers.yaml' not found

error: couldn't IRGen expression. Please check the above error messages for possible root causes.

I deleted all caches on the computer, deleted all DerivedData folders, deleted all simulators, disconnected from the internet, deleted all Carthage folders, deleted all folders with the name "dt" or "xcode" anywhere in them from all the hidden places that Apple stashes every imaginable kind of thing.

I stopped short of reformatting the entire SSD because I don't have time to reinstall everything just to get frickin' LLDB to start working.

My coworkers are having the same problem.

At some point in the past, I downloaded a cached framework from Jenkins, however this was not done recently, and I erased all traces of it. Yet somehow it lingers somewhere in my system, and cannot be cleansed, like a virus.

How can we fix this?

And more importantly why are there absolute paths being polluted into our frameworks by Swift?

I would trade one finger if I could never see this again:

error: virtual filesystem overlay file '/Users/jenkins/Library/Caches/org.carthage.CarthageKit/DerivedData/12.3_12C33/DrawAction/v4.2/Build/Intermediates.noindex/DrawAction.build/Release-iphonesimulator/DrawAction.build/all-product-headers.yaml' not found

error: couldn't IRGen expression. Please check the above error messages for possible root causes.
4 Likes